Best root for s7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best root for s7?

I want to go ahead and root my s7 but I've never really rooted a phone before. I just don't know where to look for which one is the best. I've googled but everything is from 2016 or older.

I'll be honest with you man, I know of no reason to root anymore. You can block ads system wide w/out it now and the backup functionality that's built in is sufficient.
    Last edited by Tx Redneck; 12-31-2017, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      I'll be honest with you man, I know of no reason to root anymore. You can block ads system wide w/out it now and the backup functionality that's built in is sufficient.
      My battery life is starting to suck ass and slow as fuck.

Comment

That's prolly more to do w/the degradation of the battery and accumulated junk. I'd backup and reset it to get that fresh phone feeling again. I know it's a PITA, but will give the best results w/your phone.

Comment

Roger that.

Comment

I'm still rocking a stock Galaxy S4...at least I can change out my battery when it dies. Does what I need it to do.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
              I'm still rocking a stock Galaxy S4...at least I can change out my battery when it dies. Does what I need it to do.
              I must admit, the water incursion resistance of a sealed device, is pretty dadgummed nice.

Comment

You can block ads system wide ...
                What is your method of doing this? I have yet to really mess with mine, but I was thinking of installing cyanogenmod if they ever even come up with one for the S7. Maybe they already have, dunno. Just to wipe all the garbage and junk code they have in there.
                WH

Comment

Adguard from github I don't think Cyanogen is even a thing anymore.
                  Last edited by Tx Redneck; 01-01-2018, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Adguard from github I don't think Cyanogen is even a thing anymore.
                    Looks like an awesome program, got it installed. Only 1 problem:

You gotta pay! lol. Got adblock browser for blocking ads that would appear in the web browser. Just need one that blocks them across the entire OS, even in other apps. I'd buy it if it were just a one time deal, but it looks like they want you to pay a monthly subscription fee. Do you happen to know of any that are not monthy pays? Again I got no problem with buying it once.
                    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      Looks like an awesome program, got it installed. Only 1 problem:

You gotta pay! lol. Got adblock browser for blocking ads that would appear in the web browser. Just need one that blocks them across the entire OS, even in other apps. I'd buy it if it were just a one time deal, but it looks like they want you to pay a monthly subscription fee. Do you happen to know of any that are not monthy pays? Again I got no problem with buying it once.
                      That was a typo, I mesmerized NetGuard.

Comment

Working...
                      X