My kid playing drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My kid playing drums

I started a youtube channel for my oldest boy. Mainly so family out of state could watch him playing. I figured I would post a couple of the video I took today here so you guys could see. He is 11 and has been play for over a year now. If you like it hit subscribe, if you don't click it anyways.

Sweet!
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

He’s really talented!
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

I actually play drums and dabble in guitar but tubas are cool.

He’s awesome. Sky is the limit if he sticks with it. And a lefty too.....

Comment

Thanks guys. The kid definitely loves to play. He practices non stop. His drum teacher is going over hand techniques with him now that he normally doesn't teach kids till they are in college. The kid is a damn sponge.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
            I actually play drums and dabble in guitar but tubas are cool.

He’s awesome. Sky is the limit if he sticks with it. And a lefty too.....
            Yeah try finding a double bass kick for a left handed player. Not that easy of a job. He's got the only one I've ever seen in a store.

Comment

Originally posted by blownaltered View Post
              Yeah try finding a double bass kick for a left handed player. Not that easy of a job. He's got the only one I've ever seen in a store.
              I bet. I was a decent drummer but I’ve never seen skills like that at 11.

Comment

One thing I heard that will make you way better is to play using your opposite hand. Switch the entire kit from left to right hand and practice.... then switch back to your primary hand. Apparently Neil P used to do this and probably still does. I’ve tried it and it’s pretty damn hard to play that way.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                  One thing I heard that will make you way better is to play using your opposite hand. Switch the entire kit from left to right hand and practice.... then switch back to your primary hand. Apparently Neil P used to do this and probably still does. I’ve tried it and it’s pretty damn hard to play that way.
                  Yeah I can't do it, but it's a right handed world when it comes to drums. When we go anywhere the kits are always set up right handed. So if he wants to play or tinker he has to play right handed. He actually does pretty well. Now he's not playing the songs in those videos backwards but ac/dc and stuff like that he could. He had to play on a right handed kit for a few months not to long ago so he got used to it. He switches hands pretty easy. It took him a moment with the other foot though.

Comment

Asked a drummer friend where yall can get the tracks w/out the drums so he can practice and not have to play over the original track's drums. He's killin it at his age.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      Asked a drummer friend where yall can get the tracks w/out the drums so he can practice and not have to play over the original track's drums. He's killin it at his age.
                      Thanks I appreciate that. Let me know if you find out anything. I have looked but really didn't find anything that was worth a damn.

Comment

He's doing pretty damn good. As far as tracks without drums go. There's a site we get tracks from for some gigs. All the instruments are separated so you can create your own mix leaving out whatever instruments you don't want to hear. I'll get the site address and post it up.

Here ya go. http://www.karaoke-version.com/custombackingtrack/

It's not free but let's you remix and create custom tracks.
                        Last edited by AdRock; 06-21-2018, 11:26 AM.
                        "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

That is awesome
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Tell your boy Alex Bent is a big social media junkie.
                            Here is an awesome video of his pov.
                            Trivium playing "The Sin and the Sentence" LIVE @ Wacken Festival in Germany, 4 August 2017. Drum cam.Instagram/Twitter: @AlexBentDrumsLive Audio: Charlie By...

I saw them live at the gas monkey in December with Arch Enemy. What a show.
                            While She Sleeps out performed everyone that night.
                            Just a bonus for me that I already liked both songs before seeing him play.
                            Can't wait to see what is in store for him in the future.
                            I know I would be damn proud to show those vids off of my boy if I was you.
                            Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Got a couple new videos of my boy before xmas.

Godsmack - Keep Away

Avenged Sevenfold - Sheppard of Fire

Comment

Working...
                              X