Anyone have experience with the ZR2/Bison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have experience with the ZR2/Bison

I've always had a full size, but I am now up in the North East and all the trails here are pretty tight. That said, I am looking at the ZR2 as it has the front/rear lockers from the factory (under warranty), preferably the Bison as it comes with extra skid plates, rear bumper with built in bed corner protection and a front bumper that is set up to be a winch bumper from the factory.

I'm looking at the V6, just because Diesel is hard to find in the D.C. area until you get about 30/40 miles out.

Has anybody here had personal experience with one? I know the 8 speed had issues up until 2019, but haven't heard any other issues with the gasser.

Thanks

I can’t say personally but I think TFLtruck has done several off road drives with one. You might want to check their Youtube channel.

Most of the upgrades on the Bison are from AEV. They’ve got a reputation for making solid off road mods. They’ve got some solid skid plates an bumpers.

Comment

The AEV version the Bison comes with steel bumpers that are winch ready and some great skid plates. I’m leaning towards it, but I joined a few ZR2 groups on fb and they seem to have a few gremlins like Transmission and electrical issues.

Comment

Originally posted by O.C. View Post
        The AEV version the Bison comes with steel bumpers that are winch ready and some great skid plates. I’m leaning towards it, but I joined a few ZR2 groups on fb and they seem to have a few gremlins like Transmission and electrical issues.
        Everything has grimlins. Don't forget, folks on those groups will bitch from the mountain tops for the littlest thing. The Raptor groups would make you think every F150 is broke down with Cam Phaser issues.

Alternatively to the Bison would be the Jeep Gladiator. I love Jeep but they're not exactly known for their quality. If you are REALLY concerned about quality then the Tacoma TRD Pro is something to look at but both the Gladiator and Bison are more capable crawlers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
          Everything has grimlins. Don't forget, folks on those groups will bitch from the mountain tops for the littlest thing. The Raptor groups would make you think every F150 is broke down with Cam Phaser issues.

Alternatively to the Bison would be the Jeep Gladiator. I love Jeep but they're not exactly known for their quality. If you are REALLY concerned about quality then the Tacoma TRD Pro is something to look at but both the Gladiator and Bison are more capable crawlers.
          I need to drive the Tacoma TRD Pro. I drove the Gladiator Rubicon and it bounced so bad I missed my old single cab 3/4 ton. The ZR2 rode great and is better for this area. I also drove the Power Wagon and if I didn't have to drive in the city, I would have gotten it.

Comment

Working...
          X