No announcement yet.

Gas Monkey’s $300k Battleship Buick Riviera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't realize that KC, formerly of Gas Monkey Garage, has his own YouTube Channel.

Last edited by Jose; 08-23-2019, 08:33 AM.

Comment

I live two doors down from Tom who used to be on Gas Monkey and now Fired Up garage. His goofiness on the show is not an act, lol.
      Originally posted by Nash B.
      Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Word has it that Rawlins lost his Dodge deal because he was acting an ass and crashed a Challenger during a promo deal

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
          (that being said I haven't tried to sell something in a while so that may have passed.
          NOPE. Just look at craigslist or FB marketplace. I USED to enjoy buying and flipping a few cars. They ruined that fun.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
            Word has it that Rawlins lost his Dodge deal because he was acting an ass and crashed a Challenger during a promo deal
            He ran a hellcat up on the barricade at Roadkill Nights in Pontiac, MI last year.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Also if one more mother fucker says he will give me half my asking price I'm going to choke someone. (that being said I haven't tried to sell something in a while so that may have passed.

Do you have more pictures? Whats your bottom dollar? Trade for a sport bike? Any trades? Take [insert insane lowball here]? Can you deliver it sight unseen 60 miles from your house? ¿Sigue estando disponible?

Then my personal favorite, they negotiate a fairly reasonable price over the phone, then try to treat that as your original asking price and negotiate again in person.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                Then my personal favorite, they negotiate a fairly reasonable price over the phone, then try to treat that as your original asking price and negotiate again in person.
                When I sold my bike years ago the guy who bought it had his uncle test drive it. He drove it up the street and back and said the clutch was bad and it would need to be replaced. (bike was very low mileage and in mint condition). He tried to talk me down because of it. I just got on my bike and went to leave. The guy buying it stopped me from leaving and not only paid my asking price but I got another $20 out of him for trying to change our agreed upon price by lying.

Sold a set of GT40 heads once and the guy started talking about how I needed to give him a better deal because he drove so far and his Escalade gets bad gas mileage. I simply told him that I didn't drive far and it wouldnt hurt my feelings for them to go back on the shelf in my garage.

fuck humans.

Comment

When I sold my bike years ago the guy who bought it had his uncle test drive it. He drove it up the street and back and said the clutch was bad and it would need to be replaced. (bike was very low mileage and in mint condition). He tried to talk me down because of it. I just got on my bike and went to leave. The guy buying it stopped me from leaving and not only paid my asking price but I got another $20 out of him for trying to change our agreed upon price by lying.

Sold a set of GT40 heads once and the guy started talking about how I needed to give him a better deal because he drove so far and his Escalade gets bad gas mileage. I simply told him that I didn't drive far and it wouldnt hurt my feelings for them to go back on the shelf in my garage.

fuck humans.
                  Had a guy wanting to buy one of my leather motorcycle jackets. Gave him all the details, pictures, etc. Agreed on a time and place to meet. Fucker had me waiting for over an hour and then called me trying to negotiate the price down. I said no and he no showed on me. Fucker probable had it planned that way from the beginning. Me being the nice guy I was (at the time) decided not to harass him about it. Should have gave out his phone number to everybody I had a chance to and bug the shit out of him.

Comment

I love the "what's the least you'll take"... I always respond with "what's the most you'll offer".. 90% of the time, that ends it.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                      I love the "what's the least you'll take"... I always respond with "what's the most you'll offer".. 90% of the time, that ends it.
                      I need to start using that line.

While not cars, I have been selling a few of my firearms and its just as bad.

Listed for $680: "Whats your bottom dollar?"

and the fun one before I blocked him:

"I'll give you $500 and come get it right now!"

Comment

...the guy started talking about how I needed to give him a better deal because he drove so far and his Escalade gets bad gas mileage...
                        That's always a go-to for people buying stuff. It bugs the crap out of me too. Too far for you? Then don't look at an item out of your range. Can't afford the gas to get here? Quit buying stuff you don't "need." I will not haggle on price because it cost you gas to come look at it...ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
                          That's always a go-to for people buying stuff. It bugs the crap out of me too. Too far for you? Then don't look at an item out of your range. Can't afford the gas to get here? Quit buying stuff you don't "need." I will not haggle on price because it cost you gas to come look at it...ridiculous.
                          After 3 days of Goodguys, you would't guess what the number one comment is would you?

"did you know gas monkey's building one of those?"
                          fallowed closely by,
                          "that's a front wheel drive"
                          and a surprise 3rd place was,
                          "thats got a 454"
                          which beat out the higher seated,
                          "Ah the old 455 ROCKET."

Comment

Well SEMA is over, and with all with hard looking I could muster, I've only found 2 pictures of the gas monkey buick at sema. Seems they and their sponsors aren't ever posting anything about it. Seems to have been a total flop so far.

Comment

Well SEMA is over, and with all with hard looking I could muster, I've only found 2 pictures of the gas monkey buick at sema. Seems they and their sponsors aren't ever posting anything about it. Seems to have been a total flop so far.
                              Gas monkey is probably close to running out of popularity fuel. Especially with Aaron gone.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                                Gas monkey is probably close to running out of popularity fuel. Especially with Aaron gone.
                                about damn time.

Comment

Working...
                                X