No announcement yet.

Well that sucks rip jessi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She graduated top of her class from WyoTech, and things only got better for her from there. She was a genuine talent, and even the layman could tell. Her passion for what she did was infectious. It was hard not to get excited with her about whatever it was she was doing. And that's just it, she wasn't just good at whatever she was doing, she was great!
    2017 – Ultra 4 King of the Hammers – 12th – 4400 Class
    2016 – Ultra 4 King of the Hammers – 1st – EMC Modified Class
    2015 – Rallye Aicha des Gazelles (9 off-road rally race) – 1st – First Participation – 10th overall
    2015 – SCORE Baja 1000 – 2nd – Class 7
    2014 – Ultra 4 King of the Hammers – 1st – Spec Class
    2014 – Ultra 4 National Championship – 1st – Spec Class
    2014 – Ultra 4 Western Region Series – 1st – Spec Class
    2014 – Ultra 4 American Rock Sports Challenge – 3rd – Spec Class
    2014 – Ultra 4 Glen Helen Grand Prix – 2nd – Spec Class
    2014 – Ultra 4 Stampede – 1st – Legends Class
    2013 – Set women's land speed record – 398 mph with a top speed of 440 mph
    2011 – SCORE Baja 1000 – 2nd – Class 10

On top of all of that, she got a lot of women into cars and motorsports, and I think that's just pretty fucking cool. She was pretty, she was funny, she was talented, and she was fearless. Her death has really hit me hard, because I genuinely admired her.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

bamf

Comment

What a loss, damn.

Comment

She deserves a posterity bad motherfucker wallet. I wonder if the video of the run will ever go public?

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
            She deserves a posterity bad motherfucker wallet. I wonder if the video of the run will ever go public?
            I'm sure at least part of it will end up in the documentary.

Comment

Has anyone seen any pics of any type of crash protection that was added/ or modifications done to that F-104 aircraft structure???
              Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

I don't see any crash protection in 2013:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3J646EBxe0

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                  Has anyone seen any pics of any type of crash protection that was added/ or modifications done to that F-104 aircraft structure???
                  There isn't much you can really do in the tight confines of the cockpit. If you had unlimited funding I guess you could come up with staged airbags. In all likelihood she left the line and rolled the vehicle on its side very quickly for a long way.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

They're saying "there was a fire involved" but no other details right now on whether that was before or after the crash. Waiting for onboatd data right now

Comment

Does a cage do much at those speeds?
                      G'Day Mate

Comment

a better chance might be had with an ejection seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                          Does a cage do much at those speeds?
                          I would imagine it wouldn't make a difference when rolling over at 400+mph. There's a lot of energy that the human body is subjected to. However, I imagine this ? will come up the more this topic is discussed. I'm not sure that vehicle was properly equipped for that run and previous runs, but there are a lot of unknowns at this point.

Comment

George Poteet survived one at over 370 mph in Speed Demon (YouTube video). I believe Danny Thompson was over 270 when he flipped the Mustang. I doubt if Combs vehicle would have been allowed on the salt due to the SCTA's safety rules. I was surprised that the ejection seat was still in the cockpit and that they were using the control stick instead of a steering wheel.
                            Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Just watched the speed demon crash. Holy shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                                Just watched the speed demon crash. Holy shit.
                                Looking at photos it appears to be a purpose built machine with a full containment cage that looks unharmed in the crash.
                                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Working...
                                X