No announcement yet.

Slow days at work, looks like it's time for the project car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the real, are you reliably gonna be able to get 600whp out of a stock block? I didn't think that was possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      On the real, are you reliably gonna be able to get 600whp out of a stock block? I didn't think that was possible.
      95% chance of no but let me see how close I can get.
      Originally posted by Marisa
      we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

You can make that number on a dyno if your tune is perfect but you will split the block down the middle length wise at that number on the track. The blocks crack between the main bearing web and the camshaft bore. On my old car after killing lots of factory blocks I switched to a Boss 302 block and later to an A4 block before selling the car.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
          95% chance of no but let me see how close I can get.
          That's what I thought, so are you gonna get an aftermarket block to save yourself time, money and trouble goin forward?

Comment

I'd go the 5.8/351 route...

mardyn

Comment

I'm sitting in the Summit parking lot. Decided on a decent set of rods/pistons in the stock block and crank for now. I couldn't find a good 351w block this weekend and I'm really trying to get this running by the end of the month. After the drivetrain gets built to support the power I will do a 351 but the 302 will do for now.
              we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Are you also gonna take the lift kit off of it?

Comment

I'm sitting in the Summit parking lot. Decided on a decent set of rods/pistons in the stock block and crank for now. I couldn't find a good 351w block this weekend and I'm really trying to get this running by the end of the month. After the drivetrain gets built to support the power I will do a 351 but the 302 will do for now.
                  Ain't nothing wrong with that, run whatcha brung.

You can always pick up a 351 and start building it up slowly so when the 5.0 lets go, your ready for the pinch hitter to come in...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Are you also gonna take the lift kit off of it?
                    Eventually a lot is going to change.

truth.

Comment

Not a lot to update. I had purchased some good .030 over rods/pistons/rings from Summit only to be told my block will have to go .040 over. The forged .040 pistons I want would have to be ordered (2-3 weeks) I decided to return everything and buy a 331 stroker setup for just $200 more than the rods/pistons/rings I had. It also is 2-3 weeks out so not much has happened. I did some bead blasting yesterday. Wondering how long the aluminum will look decent if left raw or if I should coat it. I just dont want it to yellow if I clear coat it.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

truth.

Comment

I dusted off an old gal that's been sitting in the corner.. Dropped in a 351w, and added injection..

Comment

Finally got the rotating assembly in on Monday and dropped it off at the machine shop to be balanced, block bored, and had the ported E7s gone through. Got everything back Friday at end of day and started assembling on Saturday. Took my time and plastigaged everything. All in spec, if anything the mains are a bit tight at .002" but I'm gonna call it good. BTW spiral locks suck.

truth.

Comment

Gonna bend that steering wheel back the first time you punch it lol , nice build

Comment

I haven't updated in a bit. The car has been on hold for about 4 weeks now waiting to get my carburetor back but it is now on the way. Here are a few pics of what happened along the way. I wish I had known how long I was going to be waiting on the carb. I would have at least cleaned and rattle canned the engine bay. Oh well. Next is probably Transmission, chassis work, rear diff. Then Tubular front suspension, Cobra brakes and wheels/tires.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

truth.

Comment

Finally got the rotating assembly in on Monday and dropped it off at the machine shop to be balanced, block bored, and had the ported E7s gone through. Got everything back Friday at end of day and started assembling on Saturday. Took my time and plastigaged everything. All in spec, if anything the mains are a bit tight at .002" but I'm gonna call it good. BTW spiral locks suck.

You get a stroker kit and have everything machined nicely, why put crappy e7’s on it?

CN

Comment

Working...
                                X