2017 Lawn Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
    That's great progress! Our next project is expanding flower beds in the front (and new flowers) and then building some planters in the corner in the back.
    I've been toying with the idea of incorporating the live oak tree into the flower bed, mainly due to the dense shade and having trouble getting grass to grow.

I may end up seeing the back yard this year. Grading is still fucked up nd drainage is a nightmare, but hey maybe I can get some bermuda to grow and choke out some of these weeds and my dogs allergies may clear up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

looking good man! i finally got around to doing flowerbeds, trimming bushes and dropping weed and feed front and back over the weekend.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
        I've been toying with the idea of incorporating the live oak tree into the flower bed, mainly due to the dense shade and having trouble getting grass to grow.

I may end up seeing the back yard this year. Grading is still fucked up nd drainage is a nightmare, but hey maybe I can get some bermuda to grow and choke out some of these weeds and my dogs allergies may clear up.

I widened the beds around the two large trees I have in front to help with grass not growing close to it. Worked out great. My fear this summer is the stand of nutsedge I had that crept in from the neighbor last year. That stuff is a bitch to get rid of!

Comment

I widened the beds around the two large trees I have in front to help with grass not growing close to it. Worked out great. My fear this summer is the stand of nutsedge I had that crept in from the neighbor last year. That stuff is a bitch to get rid of!
          I had good success with image last year. Whatever that didn't get, the MSMA spot treats took care of

Comment

I had good success with image last year. Whatever that didn't get, the MSMA spot treats took care of

Image is msma but only 3%

Comment

No

Comment

I did 2 treatments of Image last year and knocked about 2/3 of it out. I have it ready to go again this year too. Just can't stand the stuff.

Comment

I did 2 treatments of Image last year and knocked about 2/3 of it out. I have it ready to go again this year too. Just can't stand the stuff.
                  We still need to schedule lunch. Do you need some msma?

Comment

I put some general weed and feed down about 10 days ago.. the grass is booming but now the clover is too. Bag says I should wait 4 weeks before reapplying, but I'd like to get some seed down sooner than later. What's my best course?

I'm in central va and the yard is largely fescue

Comment

• Well, I tried to hit my yard with scotts turf builder with weed killer last night, since it was wet from the rain. Checked 2 different weather apps and radars before I spread it and I looked to be in the clear. Woke up to find that we got enough rain to wash 90% of it off of the blades. So, I'm sure the weed killer will not do me any good. Though I should see the grass start to green up and hopefully start spreading.

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                        We still need to schedule lunch. Do you need some msma?

Yes, we do. I've got a few bottles left, so I'm good on it. David is in today, so let me talk to him and see what we can work up. Maybe Friday?

Comment

• Grass is coming along pretty quickly this year and free water at least once a week. Still trying to combat my neighbors clover mess from coming over!

Comment

• Man, that looks great!!

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                              Man, that looks great!!

Thanks dude!

Comment

• I need to get some starting pics of my yard up.

Comment

Working...
                                X