No announcement yet.

Amazon 2 day delivery issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a 2 day delivery issue, but I got some Flex Glue it it does not work "as advertised". Tried to give a 2 star rating, and get this message. WTF! I tried to glue back up the window header, that shit did not hold at all! and yes, I used a "generous" amount of the glue.

Sorry, we are unable to accept your review of this product.
    This product currently has limitations on submitting reviews. There can be a number of reasons for this, including unusual reviewing activity.

Here is what it could not hold. Maybe weighs 30 lbs???

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
      Not a 2 day delivery issue, but I got some Flex Glue it it does not work "as advertised". Tried to give a 2 star rating, and get this message. WTF! I tried to glue back up the window header, that shit did not hold at all! and yes, I used a "generous" amount of the glue.

Sorry, we are unable to accept your review of this product.
      This product currently has limitations on submitting reviews. There can be a number of reasons for this, including unusual reviewing activity.

Here is what it could not hold. Maybe weighs 30 lbs???

I don't think I'd ever try bonding that without some other type of support...especially not with any flex**** product.

If I were dead set on using only an adhesive I would go with a proper construction adhesive like sika. Furthermore...surface prep is critical with any adhesive.

Edit: but not being able to leave a review is really questionable. Do you have irregular review activity?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        I don't think I'd ever try bonding that without some other type of support...especially not with any flex**** product.

If I were dead set on using only an adhesive I would go with a proper construction adhesive like sika. Furthermore...surface prep is critical with any adhesive.

Edit: but not being able to leave a review is really questionable. Do you have irregular review activity?
        No, I usually have good reviews, and not a ton of them. But if a product sucks, I will leave a 1 or 2 star review..
        I can't get the stupid thing behind the front board to nail it, so I do not know of any other way to get it up there. It originally looks like it was only held up with caulking, the nails all missed the board.

Which of these would you suggest, I've never heard of Sika???

Comment

I'm looking for a staple gun, that's the only thing I can use to nail it up with (plus some adhesive) I think. So far, unless I spend the $ on one to hook up to my air compressor type, they seem to small to do the job. Guess I can go tyhe old manual way, and use a big fucking hammer too.

Fucking cheap ass home builders!

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
            I'm looking for a staple gun, that's the only thing I can use to nail it up with (plus some adhesive) I think. So far, unless I spend the $ on one to hook up to my air compressor type, they seem to small to do the job. Guess I can go tyhe old manual way, and use a big fucking hammer too.

Fucking cheap ass home builders!
            Staple gun?! What's that going to do?

Maybe a countersunk or pockethole screw, wood filler and touch up paint will work?

Comment

Staple gun?! What's that going to do?

Maybe a countersunk or pockethole screw, wood filler and touch up paint will work?
              The stupid board will not go behind the front facing board, so I have nothing to nail into it. Here is a sideways pic of the next window over. The left side (actual top) is behind the front bnoard, and some tack nails hold it in. The one that fell has every nail just out the back of that front board, none hit the part that fell off. Staples are the only thing I can think to grab both pieces of wood to help hold the weight up.

Comment

Flex glue lol. That shit looks cool on tv.

Sika makes industrial stuff, we use them a lot in civil construction. I’d probably use liquid nails on this project though. Just keep it clamped really well until it cures.

Comment

I call the USPS here the Tulsa Pony Express. Delivery is dependant upon the sobriety of either horse or rider!
                  Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Got some of that Sika professional glue at Home Depot, fucking sticks like a MoFo! The staple gun was worthless, the heavy duty model goes about 1/8 inch into the cement board. Does not have enough force to hold for shit. Braced it up with 4 fence pickets for a few days to let it dry.

Comment

Good to hear. That sika stuff can be pretty rock solid. I've used a few of their products and never been upset. Here's to hoping it works long term!

Comment

Good to hear. That sika stuff can be pretty rock solid. I've used a few of their products and never been upset. Here's to hoping it works long term!
                        I somehow managed to get that shit all over me, it comes off with alcohol I found out. Threw away my shirt and work shorts, lol. But, so far it looks like a winner!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Is there any dimensional lumber in that box lintel? We build ours with 2x4 so there is something to nail to. 2x4 on the back side, 16 ga trim nails to nail it all together, caulk with a urethanized silicone, paint, done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                          X