Jet Skis... am I crazy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet Skis... am I crazy?

Like I already don't have enough to do with two project cars, three boats and two houses plus acreage to care for...

I missed a deal on one locally this past weekend and now I want one even more.

Have I lost my f'n mind? Probably..

Talk me into one... or talk me out of it.

Whay's your experience been with 'em.. other than they annoy the hell out of everybody close by that's not riding on it.

Who's got one for sale?

mardyn

Jus t don't act a fool and you'll be ok. They serve their purpose. There's a reason they're referred to as lake lice.
    G'Day Mate

Comment

They're stellar when you have friends who own them. I say get some and we can be friends!

Comment

I've had two, both were Yamaha's. I haven't been into Jet Skis in a number of years, but they were the only brand that were for fresh and saltwater, just a rinse off and run water through the cooling ports, they gave you a water hose adapter and you ran the motor for a minute or two to get out any contaminants like sand, dirt and F/S water out of the engine. They also used their Marine engines variations specifically made for the water.
        The Yamaha's were also 4 stroke little to no maintenance, you would store for the winter with gas treatment and a cover would help keep the bugs and help preserves the plastics. Plugs and air filter and oil changes were pretty easy. Easier to get into and out of the water, they are like a motorcycle on water. I always enjoyed mine, I'm sure a lot has changed as far as the rest of the companies keeping up with the Yamaha's, but they are way easier to maintain than a boat and cheaper too.
        Last edited by Rick Modena; 06-20-2018, 11:55 AM.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

My parents bought a pair of Ski-Doos a few years ago to keep at house on the lake, bought some low hour used ones which had been garage kept. Where already 6-8 years old but had less than 20 hours combined use. Lots of similar deals out there if you don't want to commit to a new one.

I have been doing all the maintenance on them had a few minor things break here and there but nothing too expensive.

I'd really like to pickup a standup model soon but have enough hobby stuff going on at the moment.
          1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
          1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
          2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Blandnuts View Post
            They're stellar when you have friends who own them. I say get some and we can be friends!
            This.

Comment

Lots of them out there for sale... many of them sold as pairs.

I think it would be a fun diversion from my normal routine... probably should rent one for a day to see how the ownership experience would be.

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
                Like I already don't have enough to do with two project cars, three boats and two houses plus acreage to care for...

I missed a deal on one locally this past weekend and now I want one even more.

Have I lost my f'n mind? Probably..

Talk me into one... or talk me out of it.

Whay's your experience been with 'em.. other than they annoy the hell out of everybody close by that's not riding on it.

Who's got one for sale?

mardyn
                My stepson got into some financial trouble all of a sudden and needs to sell his. I’m not sure of the model but it’s a few years old but apparently it was some stupid fast one that they quit making that was supposed to be used for racing or competition.

David

Comment

Tell him to text a pic and details to me at 972-489-9347

mardyn

Comment

bro! get a stand up and i will get one. i always wanted one.

no, i never ridden one and do not care about the negatives. i just want one.

let's fucking do this bro!

Comment

I have a pair of late 90's polaris 780's, one two seat and one 3. they are fun for about an hour. The three seater is much more stable and easier to ride in ruffish water, the two is a bit more fun, but you easy to tump over.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

We've had at least one or two at lakehouse for the last two decades. Actually just sold two older ones and bought one new one this feb.

My .02

If you already have a boat they are fun. Float around on the boat and let people run around while you tie up.

If you have have a lake house they are fun. Basically the same reason as above

We've enjoyed taking them camping a few times over the years to explore new lakes.

They can be fun. Edit: Should have read your post again... They work great for the above in bold. It's what we do

However, if you are buying them to drag to crazy busy "in-town" lake boat ramps every weekend and take the whole family out.... I'd pass.

Comment

Have a buddy who has one for sale for 3,500. Nice, took it out this last weekend. It screams. It’s a seedoo, I’d have to get more info on it. I’d buy one if I had the extra cash. They are a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So did you have to quit your job just to have enough time to maintain all those vehicles? 3 boats... no fuckin thanks
                            WH

Comment

I have one I use the boat more. They are really fun in the ocean. Flush with freshwater after use no problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X