• Time
  • Show
Clear All

From pic1 to pic 2 I cut the fat off.
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
      Thanks.. I smoked a brisket while, watching tv, playing xbox, sleeping, driving, working, the price you pay for easier smokin I guess :P

Show me the right way to smoke something and I'll try that.. but I've wasted a lot of meat and time on the regular smoker!
      Unfortunately the regular smokers are the right way. But like me, not all of us have time to baby sit a fire to make sure it maintains the right temp for 10+ hours. That's when you'll get a good smoke ring on your briskets.

If that's the smoker I'm thinking, that tray for wood chips won't allow you to put near enough wood to get a good smoke going. I just bought this one http://www.basspro.com/Masterbuilt-E...&kpid=10219561 and have smoked one brisket so far. I need to see what I can do about getting a bigger tray on the bottom for more wood. My last brisket had a light smoke flavor and a very thin smoke ring....I need more practice though.

Comment

Show me the right way to smoke something and I'll try that.. but I've wasted a lot of meat and time on the regular smoker!
        Bring your ass by then! Better yet, send the wife. I bet she makes a better student anyways.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Thanks.. I smoked a brisket while, watching tv, playing xbox, sleeping, driving, working, the price you pay for easier smokin I guess :P

Closing on a new house June 6th, we'll have people over out there. You'll have to make the drive to Sachse/Garland area tho.

Comment

I smoked a beef tenderloin this weekend. I didn't take any pics. Friend took one, but it's a shitty pic. Was a little over 3lbs. Came out pretty good for my 1st time. Took it out around 140 degrees and let it sit for awhile. Was nice and little pink inside(haha) and tender. Used hickory chunks since I had some left over from when I use it when I grill. Smoked it for 4 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
              Closing on a new house June 6th, we'll have people over out there. You'll have to make the drive to Sachse/Garland area tho.
              Always happy to taste your meat, Matt.....

Comment

I did a chicken this afternoon and it was awesome. I think this smoker has ruined me, I turn my nose up at anything not cooked low and slow now.

Originally posted by stevo
                Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I decided to smoke some ribs today since the wife won't be home for dinner and she's clearly not a mentally healthy person as she doesn't care much for ribs... but she's hot, can't win 'em all.

I did the 3-2-1 method and they come off in 1 hour... This is my first attempt at ribs so I'll let y'all know.

At 3 hours, before wrap:

After 5 hours, after wrap:

All done:

Last edited by bird_dog0347; 05-24-2013, 04:08 PM.
                  Originally posted by stevo
                  Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Smoked some ribs yesterday. Came out pretty good. Smoking brisket now. Damn rain snuck up on me around 5am. Had to put it in oven for about 1hr and 45. Back on smoker. That remote thermometer that bcoop mentioned is fucking awesome. Haha

This is at 7 1/2 hours now. Average 230
                    1st brisket so, hopefully it turns out good.

Comment

^^ it's looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                        Smoked some ribs yesterday. Came out pretty good. Smoking brisket now. Damn rain snuck up on me around 5am. Had to put it in oven for about 1hr and 45. Back on smoker. That remote thermometer that bcoop mentioned is fucking awesome. Haha

This is at 7 1/2 hours now. Average 230
                        1st brisket so, hopefully it turns out good.
                        Send us all an invite next time. Looks great. :-)

Comment

Thanks. I took it out after about 11 1/2 hours. Read that some take it out between 185-200. I wrapped for last hour and took it out at 186. I wrapped a towel over the foil and left it in small cooler. Will be cutting it up in a few. Still warm. Will let you all know once I cut into it. Fingers crossed. Hahaha

Comment

I always take brisket to 200-210

Comment

Damn. Now you got me thinking. Hope I didnt screw it up

Comment

It'll still be fine I've done a lot of them the same way

I'm trying something a little diff with ribs right now. And the. Throwing on some chicken breast shortly ( grill). Tomorrow is baby backs, meaty beef ribs and chicken in the smoker
                                1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Working...
                                X