Beef Jerky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beef Jerky

Normally I wouldn't bother talking about beef jerky. But my mom stopped at this place in the Hill Country and brought me back a pound of this. I ate it all in a week!

This jerky is real smoky, a little spicy, not too salty, and you can taste the beef it's made from. All I can say is it tastes like it should, not a bunch of processed crap. It was purchased at the store, where it came in a paper bag and cut into long strips. The online photos show it cubed and in a plastic bag, so not sure if it's exactly the same. But what I had would be worth a drive. It is so good I had to start a thread.

When the government pays, the government controls.

So the meat was so good you had to tell everyone about it?
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
      Normally I wouldn't bother talking about beef jerky. But my mom stopped at this place in the Hill Country and brought me back a pound of this. I ate it all in a week!

This jerky is real smoky, a little spicy, not too salty, and you can taste the beef it's made from. All I can say is it tastes like it should, not a bunch of processed crap. It was purchased at the store, where it came in a paper bag and cut into long strips. The online photos show it cubed and in a plastic bag, so not sure if it's exactly the same. But what I had would be worth a drive. It is so good I had to start a thread.

http://www.whittingtonsjerky.com/hot-beef-jerky/
      Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
      looks that way.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post

Admit it, you're intrigued.

Comment

Robertson's jerky is the shiznit
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Admit it, you're intrigued.
            Well he is a Seamen after all.

Comment

Fuck, I went right by there on my way to Dripping Springs last year.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                I got some in Marietta Ok a few weeks ago and it was paper thin and sucked.
                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  Goddamn I wish we had one in Albuquerque...there's a million places here that sell what they call "best beef jerky in New Mexico" and it tastes like paper thin dried out leather...its disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                    I got some in Marietta Ok a few weeks ago and it was paper thin and sucked.
                    Fucking stick to a Slim Jim then!
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Is it better than Woody's?

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        Is it better than Woody's?
                        Woody's FTW.

Comment

37 dollars a pound....damn, that's why I make my own these days.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                            If you think about it being dehydrated meat, it's quite a bit. It was a brown paper lunch sack completely full of jerky.

Matt, I've never had Woody's. I suspect it's similar.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                              If you think about it being dehydrated meat, it's quite a bit. It was a brown paper lunch sack completely full of jerky.
                              If you look at the prices of beef these days, it makes sense. Doesn't make it any less outrageous, but it at least makes sense. Jerky makers never have absorbed the cost of water weight lost, etc. It's just that beef is outrageous and jerky prices reflect that more than anything. And obviously, processing carries a cost as well.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X