Miss You, Dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss You, Dad

I searched and couldn't find anything from my previous posts or a generic "dad" thread. Please move if I missed it.

Two years ago, I lost my father. Reality is I became more like him, and I'm grateful everyday. Not a day goes by in my life that I do not do something as he would do. Fortunately, I am my father's son, and my own kids are their father's sons. All the wrench turning, gun shooting, steak cooking, etc., I learned from my dad. Everyone should be so lucky. Here's an old picture of him with my now 15 year old. http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...n_DSC00773.jpg So to basically end a post, I miss you, Dad...

Right there with you in the feels. My father passed not long after yours did apparently.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Miss my Dad too.... he passed in Sept 2002, I think about him every day.

mardyn

Comment

Agreed. My dad passed away a little over 5 years ago and I still miss my every other week or so conversations with him over the phone, since he still lived in NC and I had moved to Tejas several decades prior. My parents did a great job raising my two brothers and myself and I will always honor their memory.

Comment

Miss my dad too. 11/2001 and father in law 4/2018. I got married in 2001 and they let my dad out of the hospital for a few hours to come to my wedding. He was 47 when he passed. He had a heart transplant in 1988 and it was rejecting.
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Lost my dad in 2009 to LBD. My 9-year old holding his hand a day before he passed.

Comment

My dad passed away June 24th, 2017. I still miss him every day. He was 87, so I knew it was coming, but still a shock. It’s like you have a fixed point of reference -that for you was there of all of eternity- which is suddenly gone. Like going outside first thing in the morning, and the mountain behind your house..... is gone. How can that be?? That’s how I felt.

Comment

I've said it once and will say it again...I dont know what I would do with out my pops...I ask god that he out lives me.

Sucks man!
                Originally posted by Da Prez
                Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

I fucking hated my father growing up. We had a very, very bad relationship. It's funny how that worked itself out when I grew up, and realized that he was right all those years. I'm extremely lucky that we have the relationship we do now, and I'm lucky to still have him. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself when he's gone.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Lost my Dad March 14, 2007. Not a day goes by that I don't miss him. There has been so much (good stuff) lately that made me wish i could pick up the phone and tell him about. He truly was my everything.
                    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

(https://imgflip.com/i/2bq0e3)via Imgflip Meme Generator (https://imgflip.com/memegenerator)

i lost mine two months ago. it's hard to deal with it. only thing i can do is suck it up and keep pushing forward that's what my dad would do

Comment

most of you guys are fortunate to have had your dad through some of your adult years. I lost my dad when I was 17. He was 42. It was tough. He always worked 2nd shift so when we were out of school, he was at work. The summers were about working at the farm.... He didn't really know how to have fun but he was the bread winner so maybe it wasn't an option.

Comment

my father died 3 years ago, life goes on

Comment

Working...
                          X