I'm infatuated with the late 60's / early 70's 200 series Benz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm infatuated with the late 60's / early 70's 200 series Benz

My dad had one of these when I was a little kid. I loved it, it was just too cool to ride around in. He let me help him do a head r&r, I have vivid memories of sitting on the fender handing him tools and holding a light for him (and that is odd because I dont have many memories of my early childhood). He sold it after a while, and kinda forgot about them. I had a customer who bought a 67 250s for thier 16yo daughter. After seeing it, I had to have one.

Ive been scouring ebay and craigslist, and havent found the "perfect" car yet, though I might be picking up something close on the way home from work.

My Dad's was just like this, and it happens to be a rare color, so I havent found one for sale except on ebay, but it sold quick.

Then I started seeing them with bags, and some customizing:

and I know what must be done. Bags are a must, and Ive kicked around an lsx swap as well. I want a family cruiser more than I want to keep my 69 around, so it is getting "finished" so I can put it up for sale.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

I think those are WAY cooler than a 69 coupe. Do it.

Comment

We've got some 80's,70's, and a couple late 60's models, all diesels but a 2 door couple with an inline 6 and dual carbs IIRC, but I dont remember any with the front end quiet like that.

Comment

Yup, I can get behind this.

Comment

FUCK yes

Comment

+2 for being old, -1 for being ugly
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
              If you dont like classic style, you dont know what's good.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

These would be the sedan version of the car that was driven to vegas in The Hangover movie. Id love one, but I cant even think about affording a cabrio.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                  the car or DJ?

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                    the car or DJ?

god bless.
                    What kinda shitbox are you gonna get next if you ever sell the Mustang?

Comment

Absofuckinglutely. I've always wanted one. I love that front end.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Man that is a classy car.

How hard are interior parts and such to find?

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                          the car or DJ?

god bless.
                          Holy shit I just spewed Dr. Pepper all over my keyboard!!! ROFLMFAO!
                          Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                            Man that is a classy car.

How hard are interior parts and such to find?
                            not easy, but not imposible. They are actually quite simple compaired to the newer models, with a very little amount of plastic. The dash and windshield trim is teak.

Comment

Colour of money.

Build thread
                              http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...of-Money/page4

BTW, there was one on LS1tech for sale that had a LSx swap already done, but I think he took it off the market...

Comment

Working...
                              X