Jerry Jones Fires Entire Coaching Staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Jones Fires Entire Coaching Staff

The Dallas Cowboys were expected to make major changes after missing the playoffs, but owner Jerry Jones has apparently gone above and beyond by cleaning house.

In addition to not bringing back head coach Jason Garrett, the entire Cowboys coaching staff has been let go, according to Mike Leslie of WFAA.

While some likely had their contacts tied to Garrett length-wise, this is still a major housecleaning. This includes names like offensive coordinator Kellen Moore, who will almost certainly be an intriguing name in coaching circles even if some of the shine wore off after a great start to the season. It does mean that whoever the next coach of the Cowboys is will probably have some significant say in the assembly of a new staff.
    What is clear is that Jones was not happy with Dallas missing the playoffs. He had a warning for Garrett and the coaching staff toward the end of the season, and Jones did not mess around when things failed to improve down the stretch.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'll hold my enthusiasm for confirmation.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
      Don't take this the wrong way, but I'll hold my enthusiasm for confirmation.
      Agreed. Local news is reporting anything yet, and they have reporters at the Star waiting.

Comment

Yup, I've been listening to The Ticket all afternoon, nothing yet.

To be clear, Garrett HAS to go, as well as the rest of the staff. That said, I never like seeing a good human being (even if they are a crappy coach) fired and sorta feel bad for him as a person.

Stevo

Comment

fake news from MSN? They should go ahead and say Bernie already won the presidential election.

Comment

It would be all over “the fan” if true I think. Team has a meeting at 12 and Jerry supposed to meet with him after... probably hear tomorrow what happens
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it, also who do we hire, if it is true and he is going to fire the entire CS, obv hes already in talks, you don't fire an entire CS without having a plan in place...
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                I'll believe it when I see it, also who do we hire, if it is true and he is going to fire the entire CS, obv hes already in talks, you don't fire an entire CS without having a plan in place...
                We are talking Jerruh Jones here, all logic can go out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                  fake news from MSN? They should go ahead and say Bernie already won the presidential election.
                  Mike Leslie @ WFAA is the one that tweeted it, MSN and others just picked it up and ran with it.

@Henry - Maybe you’re used to the backwards way things are done in Frisco, but any respectable incoming coach is going to hire his own staff. That’s just not how Dallas does it. They do ignorant shit like offering coordinators positions before they hire a head coach. Don’t forget who is really running the show.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Cowboys announce there will be no press conference or announcement tonight.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                      Cowboys announce there will be no press conference or announcement tonight.
                      Jerry you fucking tease!!
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

I’ve said it since about week 10 or so. I’m not so sure Garrett is gone. I’m not convinced Jerry can admit he was wrong.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          I’ve said it since about week 10 or so. I’m not so sure Garrett is gone. I’m not convinced Jerry can admit he was wrong.

That’s fine, it just means I’ve got tons of free time next year. I will not watch or give a fuck about the Cowboys as long as he’s the coach, I’m DONE.

Stevo

Comment

Garrett's contract is up on Wednesday, he's not going to fire him today when his contract expires Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                              Garrett's contract is up on Wednesday, he's not going to fire him today when his contract expires Wednesday

I heard the 14th?

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                              X