lifting with dumbbells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nate View Post
    and now I feel like a bitch (300 NOT heavy...)
    i was so excited when i first maxed at 300, what a great day that was. Nowaday probably not even close to 300 mark, slowly lifting but only have a 45# dumbbell.

what lift workout are ya doing with just dumbbells.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
      i was so excited when i first maxed at 300, what a great day that was. Nowaday probably not even close to 300 mark, slowly lifting but only have a 45# dumbbell.

what lift workout are ya doing with just dumbbells.
      incline and flat chest press
      shoulder presses
      squats and calf raises
      curls
      tricep extensions
      incline/flat reverse fly's
      rear deltoid row
      incline deltoid row

Obviously some of those may be difficult with #45's but I was just listing some of the moves I do.

Comment

One of my funniest moments in the gym had to do with 120 lb dumbbells. I was kind of sweaty to say the least. I used my knees to rock the weights up and into place sorta. I slid right off the back and left side of the bench with the weights bouncing everywhere. Oh I had a good laugh.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Over achiever,. Bet everyone there had a good laugh as well.

Comment

Just make sure to drop them from either the top of your last rep or at chest level, like a fucking bauce.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
              Over achiever,. Bet everyone there had a good laugh as well.
              I am down to around 95-100's that was about two years ago. It was 2am or so and the girl at the front was like WTF was that. Been back on the bike the last few weeks and can't get the motivation to go to the gym and lift. 17 years now give or take since I was 370's and the motivation to drive to Cedar Hill is sliding. I will say working nights does wonders for my lifting as I love going at night when there are just a few stragglers. Slated for days another year or so, so we shall see.

I like the stretching tips guys I am going to start doing a lot more of this. My Planter Fasciitis on my left foot has been bothering me a little lately. I think it is tight hammys, calf muscle and my fucked up gate. Gonna give that couch stretch a shot in a minute. My wife is a athletic trainer and beats my ass every now and again stretching me.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I figured I'd give an update to this thread. After being out of commission for the longest damn time due to tennis elbow, I can finally lift again. I've been focusing more on dumbbells instead of the bar for bench presses. Seems like not having my arms anchored to the bar during the lift just feels better.

First off, commercial equipment makes all the difference. Of course, we all knew that, lol.

Anyhow, I've been improving my core during this time and backed the weight down prior to the tennis elbow. Today I decided to see what I can do. I was hoping to grab a flat bench but they were being used and the guys were taking their time with them so I grabbed an incline bench.

I started with the dip machine and some pushups to get warmed up. Then the following.

7 x 60 lb DB's
                7 x 65 lb
                7 x 70 lb
                7 x 75 lb
                3 x 80 lb

I was pretty pumped about lifting 80's. I tried 85's but I was spent. Thinking back now, I think I should have went in 10 lb increments and do way less reps. That's what I'm going to shoot for next time. I'd like to see what my 1 rep max is. Anyway, it felt damn good

Comment

I always go up in 10# increments and listen to my body. Once I get to the point that form is terrible, I drop back down. I prefer db over bar lifts. It seems to hit what I'm aiming for better. Keep on progressing and don't get in a big hurry on moving up.
                  2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

Working...
                  X