• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I strap the car or not?!

Video:

Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

It sucks to say but everyone got real lucky that the Chevelle cratered the front left when it hit the wall. It stopped in the middle without pin-balling back into other lanes at speed.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

The level of dumbassery here is astounding. Obviously that car was in neutral, no e-brake, doesn't look like it was tied down at all.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        The level of dumbassery here is astounding. Obviously that car was in neutral, no e-brake, doesn't look like it was tied down at all.
        It might have been in park and all the bouncing without straps broke the parking pawl.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Hats off to the dummy who hit it who didn't react to it until it was directly in front.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
            Hats off to the dummy who hit it who didn't react to it until it was directly in front.
            from what I saw it was a trooper. So they where probably distracted by their lap top or phone.

Comment

Anyone actually paying attention could have easily avoided hitting that car.

Comment

Not. You did NOT strap the car...

Comment

Saw this near 75/635 the other day. Had to take a picture while driving, but holy shit I was waiting for the trailer to break or the truck to just slip off.

Comment

Watched a bobcat rolling back and forth between the loose chains on a flatbed pulled by a dump the other day.

Needless to say, I did not follow.
                    G'Day Mate

Comment

i tie the axles down but in front i have a heavy chain with a big master lock . it may come loose but it aint going anywhere .

Comment

I've had a few pucker moments towing many different cars all over for many years.

When I first pulled my lifted Jeep with my suburban the center of gravity was of course much higher. I got trailer sway badly on 35E. Distribution hitch and dual sway bars fixed it but then switched to towing with a dually to not worry.

Was towing a wrecked parts car. I sat the wrecked side on blocks to load and unload easy with a forklift. One block shifted causing the straps to become loose then they came off. The car slid forward about 5 inches from my tow vehicle. Lesson learned just plant it on the floor of the trailer.

Lastly when I was road racing my team helped me strapped the car down. We were all talking and it all looked good. Tired from long weekend of endurance racing just got in the truck and left. Did my usual and stopped a few miles up the road to retighten. All the straps were loose. Got lucky. Lessoned learned strap the car yourself. Say thanks but not thanks.

Now I triple check everything and when it doubt pull over.
                        Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Was towing my CoPart Auction car home a few weeks ago and was on Dove road in Southlake. Everything was going swimmingly until I took one of the curves heading towards FM1938. Loud crash and grinding and we stopped fast.

Apparently the bearing on my dad's tow dolly completely failed and the entire left wheel came off and went for a spin by itself. That was a fun day.

Ended up just showing the car into the ditch and picking up the dolly and rolling it there as well. Dad and I repaired the trailer and about 5 hours later got the car home.

Needless to say I'm going to look at the bearings before each tow.

Comment

Working...
                          X