No announcement yet.

"Craft" beer recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you like dark beers, I highly recommend Sasquatch from http://903brewers.com/ here in NTx

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
      So you don’t have any free tickets to hand out?
      Definitely not! I've been paying to get in the last several years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
        Went straight to the source this weekend

How was it? That one is on my beer bucket list.

CN

Comment

• Anyone that normally posts in this thread have any insight if Rahr's sales are high enough to cause them to sell out of the more popular brews (as of today) of if they haven't been producing as much lately. I am loving the $5 6 packs though.

Comment

Anyone that normally posts in this thread have any insight if Rahr's sales are high enough to cause them to sell out of the more popular brews (as of today) of if they haven't been producing as much lately. I am loving the $5 6 packs though.
            Where are you find $5 six packs?
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
              Where are you find $5 six packs?
              At the brewery.

Comment

At the brewery.
                Man that’s pretty awesome!
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Anyone that normally posts in this thread have any insight if Rahr's sales are high enough to cause them to sell out of the more popular brews (as of today) of if they haven't been producing as much lately. I am loving the $5 6 packs though.
                  Summertime Wheat sells out pretty quick but they should have more this week, Wednesday I think? They are selling a lot more on site than expected so yeah they are running out of some beers for that.

Comment

• I've been having my fair share of Tupps DDIPA with all these weekends and nights stuck at home. (still go to work, wife and I would both lose our minds if I was home all day)

Comment

• Btw the Flying Saucer sells almost everything they have in 12 ounce cans and bottles for $3 and on Mondays they are doing growler fills for $12. Not quite as good of a deal as Rahr's but they have plenty of affordable options.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                        Btw the Flying Saucer sells almost everything they have in 12 ounce cans and bottles for $3 and on Mondays they are doing growler fills for $12. Not quite as good of a deal as Rahr's but they have plenty of affordable options.
                        $3 for a 12oz?!?! I hope some of that's going to the staff

I bought to go from a local brewery to help out and they were still reasonably priced. $10/ sixer.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
                          How was it? That one is on my beer bucket list
                          Not sure how I missed this way back when it was posted, but the answer is "awesome." I made sure to bring some back to TX for a "best of the best" day.

Pliny the Elder: best beer in America 2009-2016
                          Bell's Two Hearted Ale: best beer in America 2017- present

Also, this is my jam right now:

Destihl Funkengruven - Tart New England IPA (with grapefruit)

"We brew half the batch normally and kettle-sour the other half. Summit & Simcoe hops, along with added grapefruit, produce a funky harmony of tart, citrus flavors & aromas"

Comment

• Since daydrinking while at work is a thing now, just got back from a little run. we picked up

Three Notch'd No Veto Brown & Black and Gold
                            Maui Brewing Coconut Hiwa
                            Deschuttes Da Shootz
                            Boulevard Steep Drop nitro coffee stout
                            Austin Eastciders texas honey
                            some random Stiegels
                            some Flying Embers kombuchas for Risa
                            and a couple others not really worth mention. I'm digging the fulltime work from home

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              $3 for a 12oz?!?! I hope some of that's going to the staff

I bought to go from a local brewery to help out and they were still reasonably priced. $10/ sixer.
                              Rahr's core beers are usually about $8-$9 for a six pack, of course the price varies depending on the market. I don't think they are making a whole lot of profit but it's keeping their inventory fresh and a few people paid.

I've been tipping $10 at the saucer for pickups. They let you count 6 beers towards a plate so that's what I get.

Comment

• Hey lets bring this one back. If anyone ever wanted to try Sam Adam's Utopia beers it is in distribution in Texas this year and Total Wine/Specs are getting them in stock today and tomorrow.

Hit up their website for availability, I scored one bottle. It ain't cheap but you aren't going to see it again for a few years.

Comment

Working...
                                X