Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Presales have begun!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars: The Old Republic Presales have begun!!

Woohoo!! Just ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition from Origin.

ill be in for digi as well

Comment

we need to get a server decided on so we can be raiding a month after launch

Comment

WIll it have raiding? Reason I ask is probably because I am thinking of Star Wars Galaxies. Fun game at first but no contact. I am talking about before the revamp, I played that game before mounts were even introduced. Hopefully This one will copy some aspects of the sony game with the size of the worlds and the houses and mining equipment. I did enjoy that on SWG.

Comment

they have spent 6 years developing the storyline, they have raiding teaser video's up on the youtube channel

Comment

oh one of the reasons its taken so long, is unlike WoW they have supposedly worked all the bugs out of the code. they dont want any downtime ever.

Comment

I played Glaxies when it came out before the starships and mounts and that game was a beating!! I never got beyond hunting swamp rats, lol.

Yeah we need to figure out a server. I know this is not the norm with MMO's but I usually never play in groups/guilds just because my schedule can get hectic with my 4 kids but Ill give it a try for sure. As many hours as I have on WoW I still feel like a noob though. I have tried getting into raiding parties and I cant understand them lol! I have to have my best friend translate for me since he is pretty big into WoW and knows all that crap.
              Last edited by Lason; 07-21-2011, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Oh and another thing! I hope my ancient desktop can run this game. I plan on ordering a desktop replacement gaming laptop in about a month but in the mean time I hope I can play this on minimal settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                  I played Glaxies when it came out before the starships and mounts and that game was a beating!! I never got beyond hunting swamp rats, lol.
                  Same here, that game was far too complex with all the shit you could do, it got tedious.

I ordered the Collector's Edition for 150 bucks. Yeah I'm a SW nerd I guess.

The guild I've lightly played Rift, Allods, and a few others with will be going Darkside, and a US West based server. I also have two guys I work with who are going to play.

Comment

I didn't think SWG was tedious. Mounds and vehicles opened a whole new world up that is for sure. And Luckily I was stupid enough to have 2 accounts. One for fighing and one for Crafting. Master artisan and architech. I made millions with vehicles and player owned cities. was in school at that time so I had all night so each release I would wait until the launch patch loaded then I would make all the vehicles, city facilities, etc. Then go to the busies city and sit there and sell. That was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                      Same here, that game was far too complex with all the shit you could do, it got tedious.

I ordered the Collector's Edition for 150 bucks. Yeah I'm a SW nerd I guess.

The guild I've lightly played Rift, Allods, and a few others with will be going Darkside, and a US West based server. I also have two guys I work with who are going to play.

It took every shred of self control to not order the CE, only things that stopped me was there was nothing in it that made the added $70 worth it and what did come with it would just add clutter to my house. I wish I had the room to be able to collect SW stuff!

Comment

Does anyone have a protractor I can borrow?

Comment

I want to see what the space flight is all about. I am guessing it is going to be pretty limited at launch and may develop later.
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            Does anyone have a protractor I can borrow?
                            Hold on, I think I have one in my pocket protector.

Comment

minimum specs are out. My ancient desktop wont run it

Processor:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
                              Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better
                              Operating System:

Windows XP or later
                              RAM:

Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM
                              Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM
                              Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.
                              Video Card:

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:
                              ATI X1800 or better
                              nVidia 7800 or better
                              Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better
                              DVD-ROM drive - 8x speed or better (required for installation from physical editions only)

Internet connection required to play.

Official site. Broadsword and LucasArts bring you the next evolution in MMO Gameplay: Story.

Comment

Working...
                              X