144hz first world problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 144hz first world problems

I'm not really sure what to research but this shits annoying.

Most of my windows applications work just fine, Chrome, photos, keepass, VLC, etc..

The problem is some programs such as Thunderbird, Slack, Messenger and some others look weird as hell. They make the screen have this very annoying flicker that you can barely make out and they seem to want to output 60hz worth of data, they are very jittery and really hurt my eyes.

Any idea what I could look for? I would put up a video but my camera is only 60 fps so you cant tell a difference.

I put my iphone on slomo which does 120 FPS which is enough that you can tell, you can see the bullshit at ~30 seconds compared to how smooth everything else is at 10 seconds.

Comment

Ah white people problems...

Try 120Hz mode. Or Try ULMB 120Hz. 144hz gaming only nukka. Although it SHOULD work..
      sigpic

Comment

The video makes it seem like i'm just complaining about something small, its so fucking bad I'm having to write my emails in notepad because Thunderbird flickers the screen so much it gives me a headache.

Comment

could it be a gsync issue? did you try bumping down frames?
          sigpic

Comment

WTF is that app that bumps video settings and such only for games/apps you designate?

Not that it fixes your problems, but y'alls problems are too choo-choo for this married with children dude. It may make a good work around.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
              could it be a gsync issue? did you try bumping down frames?
              No, i've tried with an without it. If gsync was the issue then all the windows would look like that, but its only certain applications. I think there is a common thread here because the apps that have the issues are all cross platform compatible apps, it is probably something to do with the libraries they use.

When I have the window focused, it even fucks up the mouse cursor.

Comment

So hard to find a monitor with no kinks these days. I'd also try rolling back a few drivers.. Maybe a display port cable that's just Low quality? I've had 2 display port babies go bad just this year.

I've realized it's always good to have multiple monitors now days with all the new tech coming out. Everything still detects good old 1080@60hz lol..
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X