DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Picture and Video Post Forum

Picture and Video Post Forum Amusing and Photoshopped Pics.

Old 08-29-2019, 09:29 AM   #41
Cannon88
Sure Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bangen View Post
...the guy started talking about how I needed to give him a better deal because he drove so far and his Escalade gets bad gas mileage...
That's always a go-to for people buying stuff. It bugs the crap out of me too. Too far for you? Then don't look at an item out of your range. Can't afford the gas to get here? Quit buying stuff you don't "need." I will not haggle on price because it cost you gas to come look at it...ridiculous.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:27 PM   #42
4bangen
©4bangen©
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon88 View Post
That's always a go-to for people buying stuff. It bugs the crap out of me too. Too far for you? Then don't look at an item out of your range. Can't afford the gas to get here? Quit buying stuff you don't "need." I will not haggle on price because it cost you gas to come look at it...ridiculous.
After 3 days of Goodguys, you would't guess what the number one comment is would you?

"did you know gas monkey's building one of those?"
fallowed closely by,
"that's a front wheel drive"
and a surprise 3rd place was,
"thats got a 454"
which beat out the higher seated,
"Ah the old 455 ROCKET."
4bangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:38 AM   #43
4bangen
©4bangen©
VIP Member

Well SEMA is over, and with all with hard looking I could muster, I've only found 2 pictures of the gas monkey buick at sema. Seems they and their sponsors aren't ever posting anything about it. Seems to have been a total flop so far.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:38 PM   #44
John -- '02 HAWK
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bangen View Post
Well SEMA is over, and with all with hard looking I could muster, I've only found 2 pictures of the gas monkey buick at sema. Seems they and their sponsors aren't ever posting anything about it. Seems to have been a total flop so far.
Gas monkey is probably close to running out of popularity fuel. Especially with Aaron gone.
John -- '02 HAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:41 AM   #45
4bangen
©4bangen©
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
Gas monkey is probably close to running out of popularity fuel. Especially with Aaron gone.
about damn time.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:02 AM   #46
Jose
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
Agreed. Just hasn't been the same since he left. Too much Richard and no one on the current crew has really stepped up to take Aaron's place.

I'll add that I haven't really gotten into Aaron's Shifting Gears to much although I kinda like his other one, Aaron Needs A Job.
Jose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 12:48 PM   #47
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex ®
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
Agreed. Just hasn't been the same since he left. Too much Richard and no one on the current crew has really stepped up to take Aaron's place.

I'll add that I haven't really gotten into Aaron's Shifting Gears to much although I kinda like his other one, Aaron Needs A Job.
I haven't seen to much of either one of those guys shows, but I did catch some of the GMG Rivi's recent work, but its one of those shows where together they were good but apart they ain't the same.

The Martin brothers show is good and I cruised by that joint a couple of times while going back and fourth from Austin To Luckenbach.
I also like that Ekstensive Metal Works show in Houston. Both those guys are like Jesse James old shows, very good custom builders on MotorTrend TV..
Even though Bill in Houston does a lot of air bag stuff, most everything he does is hand made fabrication as does Joe Martin...
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:22 PM   #48
BLAKE
Lifer

Screw all of that bad reality TV.

I'm really enjoying the Build & Battle series on Hoonigan's YouTube channel. Lots of fun on a tight budget and no BS drama. They're on Season 3 right now, and they've all been worth watching.

Season 1 was jumpable off road trucks.
Season 2 was drag cars (LS vs Rotary).
Season 3 is drift/gymkhana.
BLAKE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alp knows a guy, and another guy, bo knows ur mom, nay knows gay stuff