Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with re-installing windows...

Fucking Win10..hahah

Did the upgrade to it awhile back and nothing but headaches since then.

Did the upgrade, nothing but errors.
    Rolled back, and repeated the upgrade, same issue.
    Did the repair and chose to delete all files and reinstall, still giving errors.

So I downloaded the "media creation tool" from MS and downloaded Win10 and chose to save as ISO. Used the DVD USB tool to load the OS and install from it like I have always done on other pc's. Disconnected my 2nd drive, started it to run from USB and completely deleted and start from new.
    About 10% in, I get "8007025D" error. Re-did it again and same thing. I tried 32 & 64 bit(both were downloaded using media tool). So I popped in Win7 to just go back and forget Win10, well shit....I got same error. Happened on both versions of win7. Tried disc and USB and no luck. Now I can't fucking install any Win os. SSD took a shit?? Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Sorry for long post, but wanted to get details out there. Here is the error I keep getting when trying to install either version of OS.

I had that same issue, i ended up installing windows 7 again and doing the upgrade.

You have to do an upgrade if you have the upgrade version, cant do a full install from scratch until after your key is fully activated, its weird as fuck. I opted to just say fuck it and reinstalled 7 and re upgraded both from scratch and it worked great for me.

Comment

Damn that sucks. I'm not downloading 10 until there are a few verified working SLI DX12 games. Wish could help.

The upgrade to Windows 10 option pops up every day and I'm like fuuuuuuuuuuuuuhuuuck yooooooouuuuu!

Although I do have some pretty sweet pc fans that might clear up the problem for you.

Common the reserve is 60 I'll deliver!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
        I had that same issue, i ended up installing windows 7 again and doing the upgrade.

You have to do an upgrade if you have the upgrade version, cant do a full install from scratch until after your key is fully activated, its weird as fuck. I opted to just say fuck it and reinstalled 7 and re upgraded both from scratch and it worked great for me.

That's the thing, I did do upgrade 1st. Kept restarting, so I did restore back to 7 and did it again, and same thing. I then chose option to completely erase all files/settings and reinstall win10(fine print said after this, i could not go back to 7). That's when I started full install. Now I can't even install 7 much less 10 without getting that error.

Comment

I'm so glad I decided to stick with Win7 for the time being.

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
          Damn that sucks. I'm not downloading 10 until there are a few verified working SLI DX12 games. Wish could help.

The upgrade to Windows 10 option pops up every day and I'm like fuuuuuuuuuuuuuhuuuck yooooooouuuuu!
          Look for KB3035583 in your Installed Updates. Uninstall it.

Comment

Working...
          X