No announcement yet.

Cam install and a tune.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bet you guys thought this thread was finally dead. Here are some videos from recent. I got another tune to fix my screw up with james karger ( I told him the wrong throttle body which caused my idle to be meh ). That guys a class act and knows his shit, I'm really glad to have access to him.

Next is upgrading some of the drivetrain. I already have the bulletproof transmission, but everything behind it is stock. Need a new driveshaft, differential, axles, etc... I want to try and stay IRS and goto a limited slip ( car is open diff from the factory ) and grab a carbon fiber driveshaft, and will probably upgrade the axles while I'm at it.

Here is the car after the idle was fixed, I'm around 600-650 rpms when the car is warmed up it sounds ridiculous.

Some illegal street racers scaring me.

Doing some throttle tests to make sure the car works.

Comment

• Sounds great! Last video doesn't work by the way .

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
        Sounds great! Last video doesn't work by the way .
        Thanks man, not sure why the video wouldn't work.

I went to yello belly with Nick just to have fun and hoped not to break anything. I have some 305 mickey street slicks, but on 20" wheels. My best run was a 7.64 @ 77mph with a 1.79 60ft however I let off because I was scared I'd go flying off the track ( first time at yB ). The only "decent" full run I got was 7.58 @ 102.06mph 2.13 60ft.

I've been pricing rear end upgrades, it looks like its going to run me $7k-$8k in parts. The best way to go would be the GForce 9" IRS setup with a carbon fiber driveshaft, then I'll need to get some wheels,tires and a linelock setup. I'm hoping I can run some mid to low 10's with this setup and then add a nitrous shot to push me into the 9's.

My car weighs 4390 with me in it.

This would have been my best run if I didnt let off.

Nick's car is a monster, i didnt know we were going pro tree
        Last edited by abecx; 03-07-2017, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• 102 is a lot of mph! that thing at a decent weight will run in the 6's.

to put it in perspective

i've gone 7.4 @ 94 @ 3300#'s
          and 11.4 @124 same car.

I think your car may actually have a 10.8 in it if you can match that 1.79 60' and 102 1/8mph.

i wouldnt be surprised to see 10.8x @13x
          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• ran a DNF last night at Denton, check out this sick run!

Not sure what happened, probably blew the transmission but not sure how since I'm was on 20" drag radials and the transmissions was upgraded to handle 1000whp. Figure it out next week.

Comment

• Suck! Hopefully it's not something too bad. My uncle was there last night, I should have went..
              WRX

Comment

• is everything still in tact? no fluids??
                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
                  is everything still in tact? no fluids??
                  Yeah, I didnt leak out anything on the track, just a huge POP. Nothing was making any weird spinning noises, so I think driveshaft is ok. I basically towed it straight to BSP who did all the installation work and asked for some help. Brandon Piper and Brian Sailor have helped me so much through the entire process, I trust them both a ton. Brandon showed up on a moments noticed to help me unload and put it in his shop.

Brandon is going to take a look at it on Monday. Lets hope its something simple. The transmission has upgraded clutchpacks, billet pistons and some other shit. I'm excited either way because I know it will be fixed and I can i use the downtime to beef up the rear end. I close on a house in a couple of weeks so its credit card time for sure.

Comment

• Brandon is good people!

Comment

• Turns out its just a half shaft that caused me to full shart. Going to replace the rear end, maybe band aid it temporarily with another stock half shaft.

I need to learn how to launch, I didnt preload the 2800 stall and sent all that power on the launch snapping it like a twig.

Comment

• next step: 9" custom, 4 link mini tubbed on a 31/10.5W with a lenco
                        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Thank God for cheaper miracles. I do love your car.

Comment

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
                            next step: 9" custom, 4 link mini tubbed on a 31/10.5W with a lenco
                            A 9" GForce IRS rear is the plan, the setup should be good for 1500+ hp. Its not cheap though I dont know what the rest of the shit you said after that is.

Ok i just did research on the 4 link, thats bad ass, but I think that is a bit more than what I need. i'm trying to keep the car something you'd want to drive to the store in or 20 miles to your dads house or 100 miles to the nearest track >:|

Originally posted by garycrist View Post
                            Thank God for cheaper miracles. I do love your car.
                            thanks, I hope one day it'll be completely finished. I'd like to add a nitrous shot to the car after the rear is updated.
                            Last edited by abecx; 03-14-2017, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by abecx View Post
                              Thanks man, not sure why the video wouldn't work.

I went to yello belly with Nick just to have fun and hoped not to break anything. I have some 305 mickey street slicks, but on 20" wheels. My best run was a 7.64 @ 77mph with a 1.79 60ft however I let off because I was scared I'd go flying off the track ( first time at yB ). The only "decent" full run I got was 7.58 @ 102.06mph 2.13 60ft.

I've been pricing rear end upgrades, it looks like its going to run me $7k-$8k in parts. The best way to go would be the GForce 9" IRS setup with a carbon fiber driveshaft, then I'll need to get some wheels,tires and a linelock setup. I'm hoping I can run some mid to low 10's with this setup and then add a nitrous shot to push me into the 9's.

My car weighs 4390 with me in it.

This would have been my best run if I didnt let off.

Nick's car is a monster, i didnt know we were going pro tree
                              LOL@the 240. It woulda been better had you left on the light!

Comment

• 9" GForce rear end ordered, shit was fucking EXPENSIVE. Its made to order, hopefully it doesnt take 4-6 weeks and instead takes 2-4. My daughter keeps reminding me my car is broken so this needs to hurry up. It should hold up all the power I plan on doing with this car.

I'll need to get some 17" drag wheels, I have brembo's all the way around, and the rear ones are too big for anything smaller than that. I thought about doing a small brake kit for the rear, but that is another $900.

G*Force Engineering 9" Rear ( bolt in ready )
                                1*Piece 3.75" Carbon Fiber * 1000+ HP Rated
                                Strange Engineering Pro*Iron Case * 35 Spline S*TRAC 1000+HP
                                3.25 Gears

Comment

Working...
                                X