Firefox 5.0 release notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 5.0 release notes

I just got the update, but I can't find the release notes anywhere not even on their site.
    Anyone have a link?

edit:
    jesus crist, I was looking at them all along.

I'm still running 3.6.17

Don't like the browser layout in new versions.

Comment

That was fast... seems like 3 was around for a few years, but 4 has only been a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
        That was fast... seems like 3 was around for a few years, but 4 has only been a few months.
        They're doing frequent releases to keep up w/ Google's aggressive release schedule.

FF6 beta is due on July 5...

Comment

Yeah pretty lame, this would actually be FF4.02.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
            Yeah pretty lame, this would actually be FF4.02.
            Actually no, they're no longer doing the tiny updates like before nor are they going to sit on a release for a yr plus. They're trying to stay competitive with Chrome because it has taken a large bite out of Mozilla's browser maker share.

Google understands folks desire/drive to have "the latest and greatest" hence their uber aggressive release schedule for Chrome.

Comment

I removed FF 4 and went back to 3.6. I HATE the new versions (although I am using a Mac). I just dont understand the logic of taking something that works good and then just tossing it in the trash to make something new that doesn't work as good as the previous version.

Comment

Got sick of FF a few months ago, switched to Chrome and haven't looked back. I might look at FF5 now, but I'm not feeling that compelled to.

Comment

Working...
                X