No announcement yet.

1/12th Scale 1969 Camaro Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of you who have followed this build from the beginning, you may remember the issue I was having with parts, and having to create my own. Not being able to find a machinist to help me with wheels, etc. Since moving into our new house, I have started to create a space for modelling and hobbies. Along with that, I have started visiting some of my old modelling communities. With that, I have found MUCH more support for these large scale models. A friend on the west coast made a master for a 1/12th scale LS1 and was kind enough to send me a couple of copies, along with a pair of racing seats. There were two major items holding this build up, the wheels and the engine. Not being able to get the wheels completed was preventing me from figuring out the suspension geometry, setting final rear end width, etc. Not having the engine, also prevented from the creation of other items, the transmission, fuel system, turbo set-up, etc.

This should kick start this project, Once I get the block put together and cleaned up, I will get some good pictures and start getting this thing back on track! I also sent my wheel center out so that I can get some sleeves and lock rings made. Hopefully those will be back in a month or so. A member here has offered to see if he can create some 3D models of tires for me as well.

The original inspiration for this project was Bad Penny, If any of you are members of lateral-g.net, you will be familiar with that build. So, after going through some old reference photos, I will be going back to dark sunset orange metallic. It feels good to be excited about this thing once again! It has been many years in the making, and I am ready to show off a finished piece!

And just for something else to look at, The tires will be TOYO RA-1's

Last edited by black2002ls; 08-05-2014, 07:58 PM.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Find me a box top fairmont russell.

Comment

It seems someone made a resin body at one point. With the recent release of some fox body kits. It wouldn't bee too difficult to bash one together. Let me see what I can find

The closest I have found so far:

Last edited by black2002ls; 08-05-2014, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Shit man, you do some killer ass work. (Inner nerd speaking)
          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
            Shit man, you do some killer ass work. (Inner nerd speaking)
            Thanks. I found my superglue and put the engine hlves together and started cleaning it up. The detail is very thin. The basic structure is there, but there is plenty to add. I dug up some decent reference and will spend a few days adding the ribbing, holes for the bolts for the integrated main caps, and other fine details.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
              I would love to have something like that. Model cars are model cars, however that is scenery. It would be very cool to have that tree be a living plant like a bonsai tree

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                I would love to have something like that. Model cars are model cars, however that is scenery. It would be very cool to have that tree be a living plant like a bonsai tree
                I would pay good cash for this.

Comment

I got a couple of pictures of the two halves glued together.

Detail is a bit hard to see in photos taken with my phone

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post

And just for something else to look at, The tires will be TOYO RA-1's

I saw at one point where someone was producing 1/18 ADV-1 Wheels. i have never been able to track them down to buy or have made. Do you know anything about this? I would love to get my hands on some for some of my 1/18 Lambos and Porsches.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Originally posted by mstg46 View Post
                      I saw at one point where someone was producing 1/18 ADV-1 Wheels. i have never been able to track them down to buy or have made. Do you know anything about this? I would love to get my hands on some for some of my 1/18 Lambos and Porsches.

Thanks in advance!
                      I am not familiar with anything. Though it isn't a scale I have worked with. Most of the 1/18th stuff is die cast

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                        I am not familiar with anything. Though it isn't a scale I have worked with. Most of the 1/18th stuff is die cast
                        Thanks anyway. Let me know if you come across something.

Comment

• I will keep an eye out for you

Comment

• I finally got around to ordering a few more prints from the 3D models I created. I got a caliper and rotor hat in today. A couple of flaws, I forgot the mounting tab for the calipers, and the bolts for the hat do not clear the mounting surface of the wheels. All of the primary parts were printed from my 3D models, the bolt heads are machined aluminum from RBMotion

Comment

• I still have mine in the box. No time.
                              sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

• do you have a 3d printer? I'd think you could eliminate some of your problems if you did
                                http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

Working...
                                X