No announcement yet.

what was I thinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best one yet! The opening 10 seconds is gold. Really good job on the video.

I recall you talking about ditching the side mirrors a couple vids ago. Surprised you left them on for this one. They definitely gotta go. Also glad to hear you’re gutting it. You gotta spray the interior sheet metal white for proper race car look.

Also, I think the increased steering effort last time was good for you. Kept you from spinning out so much, lol.
    Last edited by BLAKE; 08-14-2020, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
      Best one yet! The opening 10 seconds is gold. Really good job on the video.

I recall you talking about ditching the side mirrors a couple vids ago. Surprised you left them on for this one. They definitely gotta go. Also glad to hear you’re gutting it. You gotta spray the interior sheet metal white for proper race car look.

Also, I think the increased steering effort last time was good for you. Kept you from spinning out so much, lol.
      This was the race last month that made me decide to take the mirrors off. I've been playing catch up on editing and uploading. I've got another work on the car video I'm doing right now where I weigh the car and strip it. then go weigh it again. I haven't finished stripping the car yet. I will this weekend though. I'm getting faster at editing though. the new computer really helps. I did this whole video last night. I'm totally down with painting the inside white too!

Comment

• This video is great. I have a typical YouTube attention span of 4-8 seconds...so the talking head shots are still a little long...but this was the most entertaining for me by far.

Try inserting some related b roll footage during your narration to break up the long stretches of talking. That'll help your retention.

Comment

• Originally posted by ruffdaddy View Post
          this video is great. I have a typical youtube attention span of 4-8 seconds...so the talking head shots are still a little long...but this was the most entertaining for me by far.

Try inserting some related b roll footage during your narration to break up the long stretches of talking. That'll help your retention.
          thanks

Comment

• Needs downforce too.

Let's put a fat ass wing on the back! Whats your average speed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Needs downforce too.

Let's put a fat ass wing on the back! Whats your average speed?
              So far at both track setups I’ve never left second gear. They are saying the next one will be faster.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                So far at both track setups I’ve never left second gear. They are saying the next one will be faster.
                So itll have to look like one of those 4-5 element FSAE wings with a ridiculous angle of attack.

Comment

• New videos awesome! New seat is an epic improvement. SN95 seat tracks and seats suck big time. It makes driving the cars fast a steering wheel grip of death nightmare. I laugh thinking about you holding onto the steering wheel to stay in the seat plus no power steering. The ultimate SN95 nightmare. My helmet is ready to go too.

I’ve been shopping Subies thanks to these vids. If the Miata and 944 go, I have room for one too.

Comment

• thanks guys, this has been a freaking fun and simple build so far. This weekend it finally got tires! 215/65r16 General Grabber 2's on some OZracing wheels. I'm so happy with the look, and even more happy that it doesn't rub! I can't wait to try it out on the 30th.

it's come a long way in a short time. Next on the list is I absolutely have to do something about the exhaust. Even with how much higher it is now the exhaust draggs on the ground a lot. Most of the hangers are broken, and it's all bent up. But i still have some time. I'm going to call a fe exhaust shops and see what my options are.

Comment

• I'm excited to see how much the tires help.

Have you fixed the weight balance issues?

Comment

• this is badass man

loved the video, and also what was mentioned about the intro...that was cool

Comment

• Well that was a fun little side project! I've had this rc car since the mid 90's that I got from radio-shack for Christmas from my parents. It's crazy to think that even the wheels match! lol

Comment

• Getting things buttoned up for the race this weekend. I have one more big mod to do, hopefully I will have that done tonight. I don't think I will have time to really fix the exhaust before Sunday so I'll more than likely end up rigging it the best i can. Man I'm loving the stance on this thing. And before you ask, no its not missing a lug nut, it just has one of the old ones on there still. I was waiting for the rest of my new ones to come in.

Comment

• Did something a little different. My first real how to video.

Comment

• Have an appointment at a muffler shop tomorrow evening to get the old exhaust fixed enough for the race Sunday. Can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                                X