DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > God and Country

God and Country Politics and Religion

Old 10-01-2020, 07:09 AM   #1
Murph Tang
Time Served

Default Celebrities Trying to Turn Texas Blue

I'm not usually one that gets ticked off on opposing political views but when some pompous ass in Hollywood thinks they can mess with Texas I get pissed.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hol...tar-state-blue

1992 Taurus with whining alternator pulley
Murph Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:37 AM   #2
GrayStangGT
Lifer

Nothing new, they did the same thing with Beto
GrayStangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:12 AM   #3
bubbaearl
Time Served

and a huge fuck you to willie .
bubbaearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:29 AM   #4
Tx Redneck
Wannabe puter fixor
VIP Member

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Send a message via Skype™ to Tx Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaearl View Post
and a huge fuck you to willie .
I said that years ago, before it was cool to. I've never cared for him or his music and especially not his lefty politics.
Tx Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:32 AM   #5
Murph Tang
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayStangGT View Post
Nothing new, they did the same thing with Beto
That was for Beto which he was a blowhard and self destructed immediately during his campaign. He was a flash in the pan.

This is a concerted effort by Hollywood to fund all Texas Democrats with money raised by outsiders that do not live here in Texas.

1992 Taurus with whining alternator pulley
Murph Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:53 AM   #6
AnthonyS
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph Tang View Post
That was for Beto which he was a blowhard and self destructed immediately during his campaign. He was a flash in the pan.

This is a concerted effort by Hollywood to fund all Texas Democrats with money raised by outsiders that do not live here in Texas.
Which ought to be illegal.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 09:29 AM   #7
Trip McNeely
Black Ac

I think the majority knows and believes celebrities opinions and influence means absolutely nothing. It's almost comical these days. It is quite funny though why celebs support democrats, its clearly to continue to push the gap between the elite and the peasants even wider. That's the only reason. Celebs want as much status inequality as possible. They're like politicians in a lot of ways.
Trip McNeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:08 AM   #8
juiceweezl
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
I agree. There should be legislation passed that regulates the amount of money coming in from out of state. There would be ways around it I'm sure, but at least make an attempt to block it -- for both parties.
juiceweezl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:17 AM   #9
sc281
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck View Post
I said that years ago, before it was cool to. I've never cared for him or his music and especially not his lefty politics.
My family is good friends with Willie. My Uncle was a longtime band member until he passed for a big country star, and had known Willie since he was a child when Willie mentored him and got him his start in the biz.

We were all very disappointed, but not surprised. Willie's a good dude and very likeable but has lived a lifestyle very different from normal people for a very long time, and that rarely leads to political beliefs grounded in reality.
sc281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:46 AM   #10
AnthonyS
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281 View Post
good dude and very likeable but has lived a lifestyle very different from normal people for a very long time, and that rarely leads to political beliefs grounded in reality.
This probably applies to a large swath of rich and famous people.
Old 10-01-2020, 11:23 AM   #11
DON SVO
The Bad
VIP Member

Which of them have been to the Little Sex Slave Island?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtuckteezy
dont downshift!!
Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.
DON SVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 11:57 AM   #12
svauto-erotic855
I know everything, I'm older than you

Quote:
Why? I donate money to candidates all across the country. It's my money and I'm free to give it to whomever I choose.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:46 PM   #13
32vfromhell
Lifer

Texas will turn blue , and sooner than you think.

Sleepy texas republicans are doing absolutely nothing about it.
32vfromhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:54 PM   #14
Trip McNeely
Black Ac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vfromhell View Post
Texas will turn blue , and sooner than you think.

Sad to say I agree but it’s that scourge that’s expanding via Austin. Transplants from blue states are what’s going to do it. Colorado is a good model to show what’s in store for Texas.
Trip McNeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:42 PM   #15
32vfromhell
Lifer

Agreed. And Texas is a muuuuch bigger prize than Colorado.

If Texas turns blue, they will have

CA-55
TX-38
PA-20
IL-20
NY-29

As all blue in the electoral college, with FL-29 being the next battleground and its already see-sawing back and forth.
32vfromhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 12:51 AM   #16
Gasser64
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vfromhell View Post

We really need to get rid of these sorry ass republicans. Been voting libertarian unless I'm impressed with the repub candidate.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:44 AM   #17
juiceweezl
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
Why? I donate money to candidates all across the country. It's my money and I'm free to give it to whomever I choose.
Because non-residents shouldn't be able to affect policy in another state. It's that simple. If they have a vested interest, own a property/business located there, different story. Just my opinion.
juiceweezl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:07 AM   #18
AnthonyS
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceweezl View Post
Because non-residents shouldn't be able to affect policy in another state. It's that simple. If they have a vested interest, own a property/business located there, different story. Just my opinion.
^ Ramen noodle guy points up.

Local elected officials are supposed to represent their constituents not outside interests or their party.

We need less Democraps and Republicaníts and people that reperesent their voters. This was the intent of the founders.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:22 PM   #19
kingjason
Notorious PIG

Quote:
^ Ramen noodle guy points up.

Local elected officials are supposed to represent their constituents not outside interests or their party.

We need less Democraps and Republicaníts and people that reperesent their voters. This was the intent of the founders.
Here is a interesting question. So, the constituents vote in their candidates right? It is then their candidates and the local government that push revenue for their cities through more citations or pedestrian stops. Do you think anyone has ever in their life voted and told their candidate that what we really need is the cops up our ass everyday? Well maybe in some areas but they go back and forth on that like the broken window policy in New York. I don't think the citizens understand the connection there. If we crank up activity to hard in my city they have been known to ask if the actual citations went up. Which, usually the answer is no. I just know that prior cities, if the citations went down, they were on the Chiefs ass. I don't think back in the day, Marshal Dillon was looking to write you a ticket for your horse missing a shoe.
Old 10-02-2020, 03:33 PM   #20
AnthonyS
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjason View Post
Here is a interesting question. So, the constituents vote in their candidates right? It is then their candidates and the local government that push revenue for their cities through more citations or pedestrian stops. Do you think anyone has ever in their life voted and told their candidate that what we really need is the cops up our ass everyday? Well maybe in some areas but they go back and forth on that like the broken window policy in New York. I don't think the citizens understand the connection there. If we crank up activity to hard in my city they have been known to ask if the actual citations went up. Which, usually the answer is no. I just know that prior cities, if the citations went down, they were on the Chiefs ass. I don't think back in the day, Marshal Dillon was looking to write you a ticket for your horse missing a shoe.
I agree 100%. The problem is cities are corrupt and irresponsible with their funds. Then they start viewing law enforcement as a revenue center instead of as law enforcement. They even pass BS laws to create revenue via police. They go after law abiding people knowing they will pay and let the lawless do whatever. The Dallas bicycle helmet law is a prime example. A white man at whiterock lake riding leisurely will get busted. A minority in downtown on a stolen bike with stolen goods will always get a free pass.

Tags
beto for governor 2022, nay will drain blueballs, president joe biden