Obama coming to Dallas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    I would like to welcome the President to Texas and wish him a pleasant stay. Please, stay as long as you like and enjoy our Texas hospitality.
    Frost is the gunman.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I'd cook the man a nice steak, pour him a nice tall glass of iced tea and offer to play Spades with him. Only game I know how to play with cards, I want to put my best foot forward
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I wanna play spades? People still play around here?

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
          The NSA frowns on you all!
          Fuck the NSA.

I was reading about it last night and he is supposedly going to 2 houses of his wealthy drones to raise money. It's all political.

Ignore the date. It was delayed when the govt was shut down.

President Obama to visit Dallas next month for two fund-raisers

By Gromer Jeffers Jr.
          gjeffers@dallasnews.com
          6:59 pm on September 18, 2013 | Permalink
          President Barack Obama, left, chats with former U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk, right, while golfing at Vineyard Golf Club in Edgartown, Mass., on the island of Martha's Vineyard Monday, Aug. 12, 2013. (AP/Steven Senne)

President Barack Obama has a trip to Dallas on his fall schedule. He will be in town Oct. 21 for two fund-raisers for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, according to people close to the events.

One fund-raiser is sponsored by Dallas lawyer and Democratic fund-raiser Russell Budd. It’s a private dinner for the Democratic Party’s most prolific and loyal donors. The other gathering , a private reception, is at the home of Dallas lawyer and Democratic fund-raiser Peter Kraus.

Organizers are asking for about $32,000 per couple or individual for one event. The other event requires $15,000.

The president is expected to be joined in Dallas by several other big named Democrats, including Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada. Former Dallas mayor and former U.S. trade representative Ron Kirk usually joins Obama when he’s in Texas.

President Obama was in Dallas earlier this year for the dedication of the Bush Center.

And during his presidency, he’s had several visits in Texas to raise money for the party.

Democrats have a slim majority in the Senate and 2014 could be a pivotal political year, with the party either expanding or losing its edge.
          Last edited by line-em-up; 11-04-2013, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
            Him and his group know that he is a marked man.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              I would like to welcome the President to Texas and wish him a pleasant stay. Please, stay as long as you like and enjoy our Texas hospitality.
              I don't. He's coming down here to buy votes in order to make Texas a blue state.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                There's probably so many hits on this forum they have 100 full time employees cataloging them.
                Actually it's probably more like a team that monitors hits on phrases in a specific geographic area. Figure out the magic combination and you'll get a visit from either the secret service, FBI or seal team six.

Obama's best defense is Joe Biden.

Comment

How does that bullet proof glass hold up to concussions? It is better than an NFL helmet?

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                    Fuck the NSA.

I was reading about it last night and he is supposedly going to 2 houses of his wealthy drones to raise money. It's all political.

Ignore the date. It was delayed when the govt was shut down.

President Obama to visit Dallas next month for two fund-raisers

He pretty much always makes a stop on Strait Ln.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                      Dang, Dude has his history correct !...
                      Dave is pretty sharp but most of the media reported the story Friday.

Glen Beck's site, WND and the Washington Times being the more prominent places mentioning it.

Coincidentally the day before in 1963 we were supporting the president of Iraq against a coup by the Baathist party militia. Eventually they lost and Sadam Hussein's group came into power. Of course they probably didn't have anything to do with Kennedy being killed though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        How does that bullet proof glass hold up to concussions? It is better than an NFL helmet?
                        It doesn't have a top on it. They're slacking.

Comment

Blah, we don't need him here. Maybe he can detour to Detroit and go visit.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                            It doesn't have a top on it. They're slacking.
                            Pope Obama mobile?

He really is the colored-in version of Dr. Evil.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                              Dave is pretty sharp but most of the media reported the story Friday.

Glen Beck's site, WND and the Washington Times being the more prominent places mentioning it.

Coincidentally the day before in 1963 we were supporting the president of Iraq against a coup by the Baathist party militia. Eventually they lost and Sadam Hussein's group came into power. Of course they probably didn't have anything to do with Kennedy being killed though.
                              Yup...saw it on FB the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post

Obama's best defense is Joe Biden.

That guy makes Dan Quayle look like Oppenheimer.

Comment

Working...
                                X