References?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• References?

Anybody have any idea what these phrases are talking about? I've only gotten the Gremlns and Karate Kid references, but I believe they're all from/concerning 80s films.

How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Dont cross the streams is from Ghostbusters
    2015 Premium GT (50th Anniversary Package)
    2014 Lincoln MKT

Comment

If you build it he will come - Field of Dreams
      Nobody puts Baby in a corner - Dirty Dancing
      Be excellent to each other - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
      Where we're going we don't need roads - Back to the Future

Comment

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Jehovah
        Princess Bride, Land War

Comment

Don't feed them after midnight is Gremlins.
          There is no try - Yoda star wars.
          wax on wax off - Teenage mutant ninja turtles
          Last edited by sc281; 03-08-2013, 08:56 AM.

Comment

You only knew two? Dude. Anyways, I think there are much better phrases from 80's movies out there than those.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
              wax on wax off - Teenage mutant ninja turtles

LOL, I was gonna give you shit, but you're technically right after I thought about it. Hell, I knew all of them but the Star Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                LOL, I was gonna give you shit, but you're technically right after I thought about it. Hell, I knew all of them but the Star Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                  You only knew two? Dude. Anyways, I think there are much better phrases from 80's movies out there than those.
                  Firstly, I'm not a huge movie guy, thirdly, I didn't procure the image, tenthly, I was but a wee lad in the 80s.

Comment

I knew all of those except for the excellent one (but that was my guess). I only knew Nobody Puts Baby in a Corner because of Family Guy. I never saw that movie. You should be ashamed of yourself, Geof.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I knew all of them, but I used to work at Blockbuster and have seen a metric shit-ton of movies. Geor!, you have no excuse, having been a Blockbuster employee. What did you use your free rentals on!?

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                        I knew all of them, but I used to work at Blockbuster and have seen a metric shit-ton of movies. Geor!, you have no excuse, having been a Blockbuster employee. What did you use your free rentals on!?
                        Tony Robbins self help videos. A lot of good that did...
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

The only one's I didn't know were the Dirty Dancing one and the "Never get involved in a Land War in Asia."

I only recently saw The Princess Bride and my brain doesn't remember insignificant shit like it did when I was a kid.
                          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                            The Red Shoe Diaries parts 1-5 an 6-10, alternating weekly.

Comment

FWIW, I figured Back to the Future, due to the font, but just didn't know the quote. Ghostbusters rang a bell as soon as someone said it, but I don't think I've ever seen any of the others aside from Bill & Ted when I was like 7.

Comment

Working...
                              X