Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel the need to buy a quality knife... what do you guys carry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    Am I finally going to have to disable sigs because of a cow fucker?
    What did I do?

Here's a replacement they sent me for the bone collector. I love it.
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

All those shown above are really nice.

I went ahead and ordered this one:

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
        ZT's are amazing. Need to add one to my collection. And a Chris Reeve Sebenza.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Best knife I've had, been an edc for a year and 0 complaints.

Benchmade Barrage
          [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Benchmade-Barrage-Assisted-Opening-Bottle/dp/B00LRZ24I8/ref=sr_1_9?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1442006413&sr=1-9&keywords=benchmade+585+barrage[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
            I love the way those open.. I have a cheaper Kershaw [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-3650-Folding-Knife-SpeedSafe/dp/B003LNP9Y0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442006758&sr=8-1&keywords=kershaw+volt+ii"](Volt II)[/ame] I carry that opens the same way, and by far my favorite (as opposed to the thumb open knobs or holes like others use).

I flipped the clip to the other end on mine, so that when I pull it out of my pocket my index finger is in just the the right to flip the opener. FYI, if anything like mine was when new, the action is pretty tight, to the point where it was uncomfortable on my finger.. A drop of oil and opening it a bunch will smooth that out and make it much easier to open.

Lea used to get pissed at me when I got my first one because I would constantly open and close it while watching TV to get the action broken in some.

Although I carry it daily, I don't use it heavily, so the cheaper one is better for me. I mainly use it for opening boxes, cutting small items like 550 cord, and cleaning the dirt from under my fingernails. I do have to sharpen mine (hone, really) more often than I would if I forked over the money for one like yours, but still only about once a month or so.

I actually just ordered another one because I seem to have lost mine last weekend. It's somewhere in the house but after looking for it for hours, no luck. And given the price, I figured it was worth buying. Luckily they are even cheaper now than when I bought my first. The first one was like $26.. Now they are only about $17!

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              I do have to sharpen mine (hone, really) more often than I would if I forked over the money for one like yours, but still only about once a month or so.
              You still using that small belt type sharpener? I think I'm finally going to pick one up this month.
              WRX

Comment

The Piranha Amazon is an awesome automatic knife. This knife has hard-hitting action, so you'll need to hold on tight! The 6061-T6 aluminum handles have grip grooves and a polished steel pocket clip. The 154-CM stainless steel blade has a great profile and masterfully integrated holes below the spine.

Comment

I carry a leatherman wave, a spyderco civilian and a benchmade push knife.

The leatherman is a daily work tool, the other two are for fucking things up.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                    I carry a leatherman wave, a spyderco civilian and a benchmade push knife.

The leatherman is a daily work tool, the other two are for fucking things up.
                    Besides my gun and my knife. I always keep a Leatherman juice S2 So handy.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I've been rocking a Kershaw "Needs Work" for a couple years now. Hasn't let me down, takes a good edge and holds it long enough to to suit me for what I use it for.

I want to try one of the Kershaws with the "composite" (high carbon steel on edge, lower carbon steel for spine) blade, but haven't yet.
                      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

http://www.crkt.com/M1603Z

I have daily carried this CRKT for almost 8 years. Holds an edge well, opens very fast and smooth, has a locking safety, and if needed, can be a very effective defense tool.

*that one is an updated design with a plastic type handle. Mine has a light alloy metal handle.
                        1995 Cobra #404
                        1994 Cobra #1968 **traded**
                        1991 LX Hatch 5.0-Sold

Comment

I used to be a big benchmade nerd, but got tired of losing blade screws. I switched to spyderco, and I love them.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                            Oops, didn't see your price range. I have no input as I only have benchmades, I had a few cheaper gerbers but they don't hold their edge well enough for me
                            I've owned several Gerber knives, one for 16 years now. They all have the same thing, stupid sharp when new and sharpened, but lose the edge quickly.

Comment

Going through my knife drawer and I found Another benchmaid. 530 Pardue good ultralight knife.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                                I used to be a big benchmade nerd, but got tired of losing blade screws. I switched to spyderco, and I love them.
                                Yup. I have the para2 and a dragonfly2 love me also.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                                X