No announcement yet.

SpaceX just made history.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is the video I saw earlier right? Is the car itself going to be hurdling into space without the rest of the capsule? How friggen rad! I hope there's a way for them to get an awesome high res picture of this. I know what my background picture will be on my pc if they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
      So is the video I saw earlier right? Is the car itself going to be hurdling into space without the rest of the capsule?
      Yup.

Might as well post it here also:

Comment

• Epic.

Comment

• "If we are successful in this, it is game over for all the other heavy lift rockets," Musk said on a press call Monday evening.
          "It will be a real huge downer if it blows up, but if something goes wrong, hopefully it goes wrong far into the mission so we at least learn what goes wrong along the way," Musk told Business Insider space correspondent Dave Mosher on the call. "I'll just be happy if it clears the [launch] pad and doesn't blow the pad to smithereens."

"It's either going to be an exciting success or an exciting failure — I'd say tune in," said Musk. "It's going to be worth your time."
          If SpaceX wanted to make Falcon Heavy even more powerful, Musk said the company could bring up the power pretty close to the Saturn V, the most powerful rocket in history. That's because Falcon Heavy essentially takes the Falcon 9 system, which SpaceX has now launched and landed quite a few times, and adds two identical first stage boosters (which provide most of the rocket's thrust) to the sides of the central booster, cranking up the power.

"We could dial it up to as much performance as anyone could ever want, we could add two more side boosters, make it Falcon Super Heavy, get upwards of 9 million pounds of thrust,"

I love the arm on the door - just goin' for a cruise.

There's also a mini model of the car, with Starman, on the dash

Last edited by Strychnine; 02-06-2018, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• This is ridiculously cool.

Comment

• You gringos just don't get it. Crawl space, safe space, or outter space it don't make a fuck bit of difference. Ill get it there.

Comment

• Delayed to 1:50pm (central) due to upper level wind shear

Delayed to 2:05pm (central) due to wind

T-1H 50M NO constraints at this time. Upper Level Winds will continue to be monitored New Launch time: 2:45 Central

Launch auto-sequence initiated (aka the holy mouse-click) for 2:45 (central) liftoff
                Last edited by Strychnine; 02-06-2018, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Can someone post the link for the launch? Or will it be on TV?

Comment

• Here's the launch sequence for the next hour and 20 min

100pm T-0100 SpaceX Launch Director verifies go for propellant load
                    1:25:00pm: T-01:25:00 RP-1 (rocket grade kerosene) loading underway
                    2:00:00pm: T-00:45:00 LOX (liquid oxygen) loading underway
                    2:38:00pm: T-0000 Falcon Heavy begins engine chill prior to launch
                    2:44:00pm: T-0000 Flight computer commanded to begin final prelaunch checks
                    2:44:00pm: T-0000 Propellant tank pressurization to flight pressure begins
                    2:44:15pm: T-00:00:45 SpaceX Launch Director verifies go for launch
                    2:44:55pm: T-00:00:05 Engine controller commands side booster engine ignition sequence to start
                    2:44:57pm: T-00:00:03 Engine controller commands center core engine ignition sequence to start
                    2:45:00pm: T-00:00:00 Falcon Heavy liftoff

T+0006 Max Q (moment of peak mechanical stress on the rocket)
                    T+0029 Booster engine cutoff (BECO)
                    T+0033 Side cores separate from center core
                    T+0050 Side cores begin boostback burn
                    T+00:03:04 Center core engine shutdown/main engine cutoff (MECO)
                    T+00:03:07 Center core and 2nd stage separate
                    T+00:03:15 2nd stage engine starts
                    T+00:03:24 Center core begins boostback burn
                    T+00:03:49 Fairing deployment
                    T+0041 Side cores begin entry burn
                    T+0047 Center core begins entry burn
                    T+0058 Side core landings
                    T+0019 Center core landing
                    T+0031 2nd stage engine cutoff (SECO-1)
                    T+0022 2nd stage engine restarts
                    T+0052 2nd stage engine cutoff (SECO-2)
                    Last edited by Strychnine; 02-06-2018, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                      Can someone post the link for the launch? Or will it be on TV?
                      There are a few live feeds on youtube, just search spacex.

Comment

• Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                        Can someone post the link for the launch? Or will it be on TV?

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                          or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbSwFU6tY1c

Last edited by Strychnine; 02-06-2018, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Livestream is active now.

Comment

• Awesome, I'll be driving when it goes off.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X