AR platform silly accurate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR platform silly accurate

I forget how accurate these rifles are as I just don’t shoot as often as I’d like. I’m no great marksman but putting bullet holes in paper exactly where you intend to is therapeutic. These rifles are far more accurate than I am and building them is a lot like Legos. I shot my colt le6920 and PA lower / Troy upper with Gisselle trigger this weekend. I also shot my 7.62 Garand and they are just beastly but fun. Couple hundred rounds of AR and only 24 in Garand was enough. I need to build a 7.62 AR or 6.5 creedmoor this next year.

I need to get out and shoot mine again soon... I also really want to save up for an ACOG, I've always wanted one and the scope on my 18" gun sucks!
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

For accuracy - I am really impressed with my 6.5 Grendel. It has become my favorite upper.

Comment

I really like the modern 1-4x or 1-6x scopes available for an AR. I plan to put an ACOG on one too this winter.

Comment

I picked up a ar556 recently and it's probably the best out of the box shooter I've owned. I'm debating on taking off the mbus and front sight post in favor of a flat gas block and adding an optic.

Comment

I'm just over her with my AK putting holes in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
              I picked up a ar556 recently and it's probably the best out of the box shooter I've owned. I'm debating on taking off the mbus and front sight post in favor of a flat gas block and adding an optic.
              You won't see the front sight post on a magnified optic, and folded down it doesn't really obstruct a red dot.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                You won't see the front sight post on a magnified optic, and folded down it doesn't really obstruct a red dot.
                I thought about doing the same but in the end I didn't think it was worth the trouble and hadn't really bothered me either.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  good to know! any recommendations for a set of optics for it?

Comment

Get a vortex 1-4 or 1-6 scope. If that’s outside your budget the primary arms ones will do. If your a baller get a high end brand. I have both Leupolds and Vortex and heavily prefer real glass to red dots or prismatic scopes.

Comment

Forgot to send this earlier.

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                      I need to get out and shoot mine again soon... I also really want to save up for an ACOG, I've always wanted one and the scope on my 18" gun sucks!
                      Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                      I really like the modern 1-4x or 1-6x scopes available for an AR. I plan to put an ACOG on one too this winter.
                      It ain't cheap but the ACOG is very nice and I've always wanted one. Picked up a brand new Trijicon TA31F ACOG 4x32 BAC last December on sale for $850 and haven't regretted it. That being said, my next scope will be a variable 1-6 or 1-8X and I'll move the ACOG to my other AR.

Comment

I plan to get an ACOG for one of my ARs this winter. Thanks for the positive feedback.

Comment

Looking for an ACOG? Not my favorite reticle but a damn good price.

Arms Unlimited; the gold standard in law enforcement supply. Offering the best deals on firearms AR15 rifles, ammunition, accessories, optics, body armor, and tactical gear.

Arms Unlimited; the gold standard in law enforcement supply. Offering the best deals on firearms AR15 rifles, ammunition, accessories, optics, body armor, and tactical gear.

Comment

Working...
                          X