Star Wars Battlefront Beta Live Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    I really wanted to like this game, but I just cant get into it.
    Can't fault you there. If it wasn't Star Wars I don't think I would have fought through the learning curve. For what it's worth, I figured out how to fly the fighter ships and now find that part quite fun. Took a long while to get the hang of it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      I really wanted to like this game, but I just cant get into it.
      As much as I like Star Wars, it just turned into a "just another shooter" game where getting mowed down by teenagers with no social life just sucks the wind out of it for me. I can't camp at the computer to get crazy good and learn every nuance of every map.

Every now and then, I'll fire it up to do the comp stomp missions, though. I wish there were fighter missions for comps.
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
        Anybody still playing this one? I've got my badass black shadow trooper armor and most of the Hutt contracts completed.

It's still not a perfect FPS, but I get to kill rebel scum, so I'm happy. I'm looking forward to more DLC. I wanna run around the Death Star.
        I don't know what it is about this game, but I just can't get good at it. I kill it in BF4, R6:Siege and BF:H, but Star Wars makes me look like a 10 year old Cod Newb.

I've watched all the tutorials, I now play in 3p mode only...but I'm lucky to break even most games.

Share thy secrets!

Comment

• It took me a while to get good at SW:B. What helped the most was the jabba contracts, they require you to play outside your comfort zone, to learn new weapons, card combinations, etc... Without them, I would probably be still using the same setup.

Now i use jetpack/grenade, bactabomb, berserker, and adrenaline rush with varying weapons depending on the map. Shotgun is by far my favorite weapon in the game with the T-21B for long range or open maps and the DH17 for midrange. I am constantly changing weapons depending on the phase conditions of the map.

Comment

• Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
            I don't know what it is about this game, but I just can't get good at it. I kill it in BF4, R6:Siege and BF:H, but Star Wars makes me look like a 10 year old Cod Newb.

I've watched all the tutorials, I now play in 3p mode only...but I'm lucky to break even most games.

Share thy secrets!
            I had the EXACT same problem.

I've found the solution to be in two factors:

1: Correct load out that suits the mode, map and your play style. There are instances where even a great player is going to get destroyed if they don't have good cards/weopon for the situation.

2: don't rely on Kill/Death ratio as a measure of success. Unless you only play blast, many modes depend on taking risks that virtually guarantee more deaths than kills if you're going to contribute to the goal of the mission.

That last one was really hard for me. Years of CoD team death match trained me that KDR was the only way to gauge your ability. After many matches where I'm at 8:12 KDR but have the most droid captures (or whatever the goal is) leading to a team win, I just gave up on KDR.

A sample load out I really like for small maps is the SE-14C pistol with scan pulse, jump pack and either bacta bomb or impact grenade. Super quick run and gun where you have the jump on your opponents with scan pulse and a lot of firepower for close range. Plus it's really fun.

Comment

Working...
            X