Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bcoop...what do you think of this steak ager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
    They are also using salt in their device, a natural desiccant.
    Aging rooms also use Himalayan salt. To purify the air and season the steaks through air circulation.

Refrigeration both cools and reduces humidity. If you want to quantify how much get a little device called a hygrometer and knock yourself out.
    Reduces, yes. It doesn't remove it completely at the temperature range refrigerators operate in.

I'm just saying controlling humidity to a relatively high value using salt and refrigeration is problematic.
    Once again, professional aging rooms are walk in refrigerators, modified. They typically have a significant salt source for air purification and seasoning of the steaks. You seem hell bent on saying you can not use both salt and refrigeration and maintain a high level of humidity. Saying that completely ignores all of the butchers and steak houses that have been aging steaks that exact way. Just because it isn't possible in your mind, doesn't mean it isn't possible, and there is overwhelming proof that it can and does work.

It will be interesting to see how this device handles it. You guys are all excited about this shit, but you aren't busting their nuts for their math when they using a natural desiccant (salt) and sticking their device in a machine that when working properly will lower humidity too. They don't list any specs for their device actually, but you guys are all ready to simply push the "I believe" button. Good for you. I'll wait and see how things pan out instead.
    Actually, I made my concerns known in my first post in this thread. For $140, I don't need to see the math. That's a low cost/high reward risk I'm willing to take. It may work great, it may not work at all. Either way, I'm willing to pay the minimal fee to find out, as it is drastically cheaper and more convenient than the alternative.

I remember in the '80s when I was in college everything by today was supposed to be running on alternative energy. All the experts insisted it was so. Heck no one even questioned it, because it was so obvious. Now we are still burning coal and oil.
    I don't know what that has to do with the price of tea in China, but... Congrats?

If the device works awesome. All I'm saying is that salt and refrigeration both reduce humidity...... and we are trying to maintain a RH of 80% according to most experts.
    Most experts don't agree, and I've already stated that. It all comes down to length of aging, etc.

Any of you guys have any proof that salt or refrigeration raises humidity?
    Nobody has stated as such, so no proof needed. You're again ignoring that the meat itself is a source of moisture, and that by definition, aging the beef releases that moisture in to the air.

Until you prove either of those contentions wrong, all you're doing is pissing and moaning that you don't like me. If I gave a shit about how much you clowns liked me I'd run for President.
    Don't flatter yourself there, cupcake. I hate everyone. My problem with you is that you think you know everything, you spew shit that doesn't make sense to anyone but you, and ignore facts and evidence; showing just how little you really know. I'm of the opinion that when you don't know what you're talking about, it's better to appear to be stupid than it is to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Fight! Fight!! Fight!!!

Comment

Bet you wont hit him.

Comment

Zagat rate that Michelin star motherfucker!!

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
            hell yes!

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
              Nice work

Comment

My first official review:

I fucking hate waiting.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  My first official review:

I fucking hate waiting.
                  And because I'm being skeptical, I'm the bad guy...... All I'm saying is that it might be a little more complex than sticking a plastic box and some salt in your fridge to make the magic happen.

I don't know what I'm talking about? Did you refute that salt is a desiccant or any other factual statement I have made or are you still just being pissy? Yes salt is used to age the meat. Sure the meat contains moisture. I'm not arguing any of that. I'm just saying getting all the ideal conditions in a little plastic box in your fridge may not be so simple.

You guys just don't like me because tomorrow for lunch I will be eating a meal prepared by a James Beard award winning chef, followed by a massage at the spa, and then who knows what for dinner. I will be having nice champagne in a great suite at a high end hotel later that night as well.... and for Saturday I have been asked to bring the wine for the party thanks to my great taste. I hate raiding the wine fridge, but I guess it's for a worthy cause.

Haters gonna hate; most everyone is used to it by now. And you "hate everyone." It's a miserable way to live, but you go for it. I need that baby panda on the rocking horse haters gonna hate meme right about now.

Comment

Please tell us more!!

But seriously, what restaurant?

Comment

No, that's not it. We don't like got because you're a pompous asshole. Obviously you're not as smart as you'd like to think you are, or you'd have shut the fuck up already.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

champagne is for chicks and fags. which one are you?

Comment

And because I'm being skeptical, I'm the bad guy...... All I'm saying is that it might be a little more complex than sticking a plastic box and some salt in your fridge to make the magic happen.

I don't know what I'm talking about? Did you refute that salt is a desiccant or any other factual statement I have made or are you still just being pissy? Yes salt is used to age the meat. Sure the meat contains moisture. I'm not arguing any of that. I'm just saying getting all the ideal conditions in a little plastic box in your fridge may not be so simple.

You guys just don't like me because tomorrow for lunch I will be eating a meal prepared by a James Beard award winning chef, followed by a massage at the spa, and then who knows what for dinner. I will be having nice champagne in a great suite at a high end hotel later that night as well.... and for Saturday I have been asked to bring the wine for the party thanks to my great taste. I hate raiding the wine fridge, but I guess it's for a worthy cause.

Haters gonna hate; most everyone is used to it by now. And you "hate everyone." It's a miserable way to live, but you go for it. I need that baby panda on the rocking horse haters gonna hate meme right about now.
                          What a maroon.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                            What a maroon.
                            Yeah really, like we've all not been "buyer beware" about it since the start of the thread.

For some reason I really hope the damned thing works now.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

For the last time...just show us the math. It really is that simple and should be easy for someone who teaches this shit.

Comment

In for Bcoop review.

Comment

Working...
                                X