No announcement yet.

In too deep M715 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know that is factory NOS panel. Now that I said that, I have what I believe to be a license plate all trimmed up and ready for six gauges including the Tach. I may just use the factory one and mount the tach on the column though. I will be painting it today or tomorrow and depending on how it turns out with the gauges in it will be the deciding factor. It's a tad more flimsy than that one and there are no light holes (A good thing) .
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I have issues I know......

Got a guy measuring some MRAP wheels for me today. Bead locks are not going to make it, even with some grinding. The brakes slide under the factory wheels barely but that is no Bueno. If I can get 19.5 across the back of the MRAP, I can run adapters for the lugs, weld up the valve stem holes right in the damn middle and maybe move them out. Cheaper than 2200 in new disc brakes.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I found their specs last night. 19.35 or something across the back. With a little caliper work, and valve stem move they could be used. Or recenter them.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Shockingly my harness and shifter I ordered off Ebay yesterday, came in today.

Wires were just the right length to the rear and these kits are easy. I have wired stereo systems with more wires. The shifter was pretty much spot on also. I got it all primered up today so maybe I can throw some green on it this weekend.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Got my bolts for the windshield and my top in. Just piecing together before painting in case something needs trimmed up. Plus a cat had decided my drivers seat was comfortable so I needed a little more cover.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

That's a mean looking vehicle, Jason.
              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
              dont downshift!!
              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

That thing is awesome man!
                Originally posted by stevo
                Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                  That's a mean looking vehicle, Jason.
                  Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                  That thing is awesome man!
                  Thanks. The weather kept me from painting today. I kicked out the insert on the only assembled tires and did a little wiring and firewall work. Engine is getting there. Screw those wheels I am going MRAPS I think. Black Rock Racing is mocking it up right now to make sure his bus rotor /semi caliper fits under the MRAP with out scraping off the valve stem.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

One extreme to the other!

How to build up a Stazworks in an hour and ten minutes. Ill say the inserts take me ten minutes to put in also so say an hour and 20. The worst part is picking that dude up from flat on the ground while getting the tire started.

Just for good measure! It's diet but hey we are getting older right?

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

That's tits!
                      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                      dont downshift!!
                      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Jealous
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Neat build!

Comment

Mmmmm brakes are arriving! Pretty beefy and look fairly well thought out. Even came with brake lines which was a pleasant surprise. I might have to find a shop to press out these studs from my old set up and press the front into the new for the front for sure. The studs capture the rotor. The back just bolts to the hub but I still have to press out the old as that is what captured the old rotor like the front. I still haven't decided to do a pionion E brake or run it off the NP205. I thought about pinion front and rear on the main line and using a proportioning valve to limit pressure if I decide I need more brake. Six discs would be re donculous.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Bring it by the shop, we've got a press. Or hit them with an air hammer.
                                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X