Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My shit is done already...

Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

just finished it, had to stop by burger king otherwise it would've been done earlier.

Comment

Is that sander working out ok? Looks like some decent progress, projects can be tough to stay motivated. I went through a lot of ups and downs with my last project that I never finished, I decided I should just wait and buy a new gt so that I could actually enjoy driving it. Time is a precious commodity as a parent.

Comment

the sander is badass! way better than having to fire up the compressor.

played with it just not.. i've never really done body work, but i am just getting this thing into primer, because most of these panels besides the cab/bed sit in the backyard. i just wannt stop some of the flash rust.

Comment

the old 5.3 and the power glide that i want to find a tin can drag car for.. maybe another e30 BMW?

Comment

also picked up a spare crossmember to section 1.5". as of right now the cupped control arms are about 1" off the ground. I am trying to raise them above the scrub line. i dont want to rip the front end apart more than once so i am seeing what i can do to get a set of tubular control arms to go with it to get the max clearance at the crossmember when it's laid out. ($1,000)

Comment

Does everyone here go ground up restos? LOL. Looks like it will be a very nice truck

Comment

I am in the process of cutting down a crossmember as well for my 63.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'll be cutting a C-10 crossmember up tomorrow so this should be fun.
                    Imprisoned inside this mind, hiding behind the empty smiles.....

Comment

Boyds Welding EFI gas tank showed up yesterday, along with a new Porterbuilt transmission crossmember and core support crossmember.

primed the cross members:

spritz'd with some chassis black:

Comment

Porterbuilt makes some nice stuff. I've got one of their trailing arm cross members and I've been contemplating just breaking down and buying the 3" dropped trailing arms instead of fabricating them but I'm a broke ass soooooo.....

Comment

PB's lead time sucks ass, this stuff came from Travis at AZProPerformance, he is no longer a dealer for them. but he has a few things left in stock. im kicking myself for forgetting i wanted to order the hood hinges as well, but i'll probably do that monday.

Comment

I know what you mean. I bought my trailing arm crossmember from a member on te 67-72 Chevy truck board that is a dealer and it took forever to get the damn thing.

Comment

Working...
                            X