school me on BCG's please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ View Post
    No, they don't have an effect on accuracy. Your bolt head can, but it's entirely how the bolt face contacts the barrel extension. I've gone through 5 bolt heads testing accuracy and found one that worked the best. We did this with Keith's rifle once. The bolt itself doesn't matter, it's simply how one meets up with the other, entirely random.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

So to look at it from an accuracy standpoint you would have to compare bolt faces with barrel extensions, and even then, you would need some kind of metric to know what you are looking for to find the best match. Other than that it would be shoot and compare until you find the one that suits that particular build? Also with no guarantee that the same two components would be optimal on your next build?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

It's an AR, not a sniper rifle, buy a bolt that you can clean easily and will hold up to how much you plan to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
        It's an AR, not a sniper rifle, buy a bolt that you can clean easily and will hold up to how much you plan to shoot.
        It is a fun gun. Hell it is a 7" barrel so accuracy isn't a huge concern. My primary reason for the question was whether there was a huge difference in the $80 BCG nad the $200 BCG, in general. Sounds like the main improvement is the coating and how it aids in cleaning!

Thanks for all of the input!

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
          Correct me if I'm wrong.

So to look at it from an accuracy standpoint you would have to compare bolt faces with barrel extensions, and even then, you would need some kind of metric to know what you are looking for to find the best match. Other than that it would be shoot and compare until you find the one that suits that particular build? Also with no guarantee that the same two components would be optimal on your next build?

I want to preface that it is only done with target rifles. You can soot the lugs to see how it's mating. Yes, that is a trick I used when I was trying to squeeze a little more out of my rifle. In Keiths instance he had a bad lock up and it helped substantially.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
            It is a fun gun. Hell it is a 7" barrel so accuracy isn't a huge concern. My primary reason for the question was whether there was a huge difference in the $80 BCG nad the $200 BCG, in general. Sounds like the main improvement is the coating and how it aids in cleaning!

Thanks for all of the input!

Actually, a shorter barrel is usually more accurate, believe it or not. My 7" barrel shoots sub moa. But honestly, I run the cheapest bcgs on the planet, and pound the hell out if them on full auto and I've never had a failure on any.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by SBFORDTECH View Post
              $10 off with free shipping right now. Most likely why they were OOS earlier in the week. I just ordered one. Now to find a good deal on a BCM charging handle

Comment

Working...
              X