Ever regret a vehicle purchase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
    I bought a 2004 Mercedes C320 and it was constant trouble. I regret the whole 3 months I owned that car. Traded it for an 04 Grand Cherokee and have yet to have any problems with it.

I remember that!

Comment

Honestly the biggest piece of shit I have ever owned is my 99 F250 and it is my current daily. It breaks every other month on average and has been rebuilt from the frame up. I still love it, but it is by far the most unreliable vehicle I have ever owned. In all honesty my worn out SN95 and SL1 Saturn shitboxes were the best cars I ever owned. As hard as I push vehicles, those wouldn't die.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
        I bought a 2004 Mercedes C320 and it was constant trouble. I regret the whole 3 months I owned that car. Traded it for an 04 Grand Cherokee and have yet to have any problems with it.
        I had an 05 C230 compressor and it was pretty decent. Couldn't keep my Jeep right but it was pretty tuff aside from silly issues.

Comment

1991 Eclipse GS-T, wasn't running, had plans of doing the whole dsm thing. Got it running and sold it. Did really lose money on it but it was a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Religion View Post
            1991 Eclipse GS-T, wasn't running, had plans of doing the whole dsm thing. Got it running and sold it. Did really lose money on it but it was a waste of time.
            I had a 98 gst, fun car

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

'04 BMW 745i Sport. Awesome car, but it threatened to take every penny of mine at any given moment, so I dumped that thing ASAP. Also, my Lt1 383 stroker Camaro. Fuck F-bodies. Fuck Lt1s. Fuck Camaros. Fuck the world. It turns out that doing a head gasket job without even removing the hood in 110* weather in direct sunlight is very miserable. I was so happy to get that thing out, and I did barely break even. But, I lost a little of my soul in that time period of F-body ownership.
              Originally posted by Buzzo
              Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                Also, my Lt1 383 stroker Camaro. Fuck F-bodies. Fuck Lt1s. Fuck Camaros. Fuck the world. It turns out that doing a head gasket job without even removing the hood in 110* weather in direct sunlight is very miserable. I was so happy to get that thing out, and I did barely break even. But, I lost a little of my soul in that time period of F-body ownership.
                LT1 was a rat bastard of an engine. Made great power for it's day, but it was an unreliable POS. Not so bad now if you ditch the opti spark and run an EFI 24x.

After doing the HG on a 3.8L, I wouldn't even consider it on an LT1. I couldn't be happier with my LS1 4th gen. Much easier to work on and way more reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                  LT1 was a rat bastard of an engine. Made great power for it's day, but it was an unreliable POS. Not so bad now if you ditch the opti spark and run an EFI 24x.

After doing the HG on a 3.8L, I wouldn't even consider it on an LT1. I couldn't be happier with my LS1 4th gen. Much easier to work on and way more reliable.
                  Yea, that optispark is a total turd of a design. Oh yea, I had longtube headers too, so those were RIGHT in the way, and there seemed to be no way to remove them without dropping the K-mem in order to get them out of the way. Whenever those gaskets blew, they BLEW! I took a look at the exhaust to see if white smoke was coming out, and all I saw were to hoses running on full blast practically. I turned it off promptly, lol. I've never seen a worse failure...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                    Yea, that optispark is a total turd of a design. Oh yea, I had longtube headers too, so those were RIGHT in the way, and there seemed to be no way to remove them without dropping the K-mem in order to get them out of the way. Whenever those gaskets blew, they BLEW! I took a look at the exhaust to see if white smoke was coming out, and all I saw were to hoses running on full blast practically. I turned it off promptly, lol. I've never seen a worse failure...

My LS1 has LT headers on it and again, not that bad to work with. Odd for that much coolant to be coming out, they will usually hydrolock before that.

Comment

• Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                      My LS1 has LT headers on it and again, not that bad to work with. Odd for that much coolant to be coming out, they will usually hydrolock before that.
                      I'm exaggerating on the head gasket failure, but it was spewing a ton of water out no doubt. I'm not sure how it didn't hydrolock myself.
                      LSx>Lt1 all day, everyday, no matter what. The fact that the new 'vette's engine received that horrid title made me dislike it lol.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by crapstang View Post

Blow a head gasket and turbo on an SVO at the same time..

Comment

Working...
                        X