What Happened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
    You could look at it that way - that a "liberal" came in here doing stereotypical "liberal" things, and that . You could also look at it from the viewpoint that one "liberal" spoke his opinions and all of the "conservatives" ruined it by doing stereotypical "conservative" things.

Either way, I don't give care about what political party you identify with, as long as you can make concise, logical arguments to back up your points of view. I don't completely identify with any specific political party, because they all have their merits and their downfalls. An extremist is an extremist, no matter the religion, beliefs, skin color, or political views.

I remember when I joined this site how snide, racist, bigoted remarks were thrown around as jokes and really weren't meant in a harmful or disrespectful manner. At the very least, they were brushed off as a person just being a little bit insensitive. It was just something that was done, and allowed, because the site was treated as one big family and/or group of good friends.

Over the years, the real intent behind the subconscious racism, bigotry, and prejudice has reared its ugly hear in the form of blatant, flat-out attacks on specific people that aren't well-liked, or certain groups of people that might be disliked by some, and other jump on the bandwagon.

I try not to let it affect me personally, but it's hard, sometimes. Everyone has their weak spots.

I will say that I try to avoid the threads that have all the Rodney-based drama in them, but that's getting harder and harder to do. Even if he doesn't post in one, some internet warrior who dislikes him will post something in it with something like, "In before that libfag naynay."
    Sounds like something a pinko commie would say.

Buuuuut, I agree completely.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
      Same shit every election. People always get along better without religious or political views involved.

The rest of the time they not pointing anyone out as there have been a few. Are just dicks
      This is very true, I have made a valiant effort to Keep the Racing Lounge updated with track happenings and updates from a show on national TV that features a few of our long standing members, but even those threads get cluttered up from people who dont really bring forth any content.

Comment

Jesus...
        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

hey geoff!

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
            Jesus...

What's up dude? You haven't missed much, as you can see.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I haven't noticed any reduction in activity around here, but maybe I'm just oblivious. Ya, it's slow, but it seems to me like it's been the same for years. Before we had the Rodney nonsense, we had Eric and Matt going at it nonstop, which was just as monotonous. Mass exodus? Who left? Seems like the same ol' geezers (myself included) and some younger knuckleheads.

And honestly, we've always had posts like this claiming the board is dead, or it sucks now, and newbies don't like us. Has it ever been really anything new, or just status quo? Why does it matter? Is someone losing money keeping it up and running?

Comment

fwiw, al p and i have been talking shit to eachother for 16 years now. I dont really hate him. same with SS Junk. not sure who the king is, but i think he is alright. those who think any of this is anything more than playful banter may need to take a time machine back to the days when VBB's first started.

If this were redditt, we wouldnt be having this convo

/anon

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                  fwiw, al p and i have been talking shit to eachother for 16 years now. I dont really hate him. same with SS Junk. not sure who the king is, but i think he is alright. those who think any of this is anything more than playful banter may need to take a time machine back to the days when VBB's first started.

If this were redditt, we wouldnt be having this convo

/anon
                  Fuck you.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                    I haven't noticed any reduction in activity around here, but maybe I'm just oblivious. Ya, it's slow, but it seems to me like it's been the same for years. Before we had the Rodney nonsense, we had Eric and Matt going at it nonstop, which was just as monotonous. Mass exodus? Who left? Seems like the same ol' geezers (myself included) and some younger knuckleheads.

And honestly, we've always had posts like this claiming the board is dead, or it sucks now, and newbies don't like us. Has it ever been really anything new, or just status quo? Why does it matter? Is someone losing money keeping it up and running?
                    I would think Mach is losing or not gaining money and we are losing on some good people that could be here adding value to this place.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      Fuck you.
                      If you do this to me, you're gonna have to buy me dinner this time...jus sayin'

Comment

I've gained some thick skin over the years here so most stuff I don't give much more thought. Some of you just feed the drama then turn around and complain about it. I know I can come here and get brutally honest opinions or hookups on things and some laughs.

Comment

Working...
                        X