Lawyer up or file Insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawyer up or file Insurance?

The parking cover collapsed on a friends car when it iced over. The complex is basically telling him that it's an act of nature and he needs file with his insurance. Should he fight back? He still has a year lease with this complex.

Id try and file under the apartments insurance.

Comment

This isn't in roanoke by chance is it? We had a complex lose there awning too. Plus the waffle house here too had there awning collapse..

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
        Plus the waffle house here too had there awning collapse..
        That's the real tragedy.
        Not enough of them left as it is.
        sigpic

Comment

Why should his insurance cover it if theirs won't? Sounds like they are being shady to keep their claims down, or maybe they are right about the act of nature thing and maybe no one will cover it?

Either way, that sucks. I would say he should call a lawyer. They should have insurance to protect against lawsuits over that kind of shit.

Comment

I would imagine when he signed the lease there was a clause somewhere in there saying they're not going to be liable for your vehicle

with that said... it was an act of god. Their insurance covers their property, yours covers yours
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

No their insurance wont cover it because they were not negligent. Your friend needs to file a claim under his insurance. The good thing is this is a comprehensive claim so it technically doesnt go against him when it comes to rates.

Comment

The complex is liable and carries a policy to cover just such a scenario. Tell the shady mother fuckers to stop playing games.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Looks like Colonial Village. I don't miss living there.
                  Men have become the tools of their tools.
                  -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Sucks. Anyone else see the irony in the $2000 golf cart sitting unscathed with the $30k car flattened?

Comment

Yea, all apartment complexes are that way. I had a ton of shingles from their building fall on a car and the complex said they do not cover the damage.

Comment

Insurance is best bet.

That sucks.
                        sigpic

Comment

Force Majure

Comment

I would be inspecting the shit out of the parking structure to see if it was assembled, designe and maintained properly.

Comment

Lawyer up because a car port collapsed on someone's vehicle due to weather? Jesus

Comment

Working...
                              X