Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel the need to buy a quality knife... what do you guys carry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My piranha Amazon broke the spring the other day after about two and a half years and they repaired the spring and sharpened it up under warranty in about a week. I was so happy with the service I bought their Virus knife as a backup. A++ seller, will buy again.

Shop the newest knives to hit the knife industry. We have all the new customs, OTF knives, fixed blades, automatics, traditional pocket knives, and more.

Comment

After reading this thread I bought four knives. I bought a kershaw, a spyderco, an Ontario and a benchmade. Bench made is probably the best but cost 3 to 5x the competition. If you are on a budget get the Ontario. If you have a bit more, I feel the spyderco is the best value. The benchmade is just best. The kershaw model I got sucks in weight, blade quality and it's stiff to open shut too. It's who knows where and I don't care. The Ontario is in my tool bag. Wife has one in her purse too. Benchmade and spyderco are with my wallet keys and watches. I carry either.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        Be careful on who you take your knife to have sharpened. The ones that use the grinders with guides generally can't sharpen to factory standards of knifes like Benchmade. I found this out by taking my Spyderco to Bass pro, and the guy refused to sharpen it. He said it would ruin the blade and purpose of the knife.
        Just a little late responding to this but good to know.

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
        After reading this thread I bought four knives. I bought a kershaw, a spyderco, an Ontario and a benchmade. Bench made is probably the best but cost 3 to 5x the competition. If you are on a budget get the Ontario. If you have a bit more, I feel the spyderco is the best value. The benchmade is just best. The kershaw model I got sucks in weight, blade quality and it's stiff to open shut too. It's who knows where and I don't care. The Ontario is in my tool bag. Wife has one in her purse too. Benchmade and spyderco are with my wallet keys and watches. I carry either.
        I agree with the order of quality with the knife manufactures you listed. And I carry either a Benchmade or a Spyderco folder all the time on my person.

Comment

Probably not a welcome question but, what do you guys do with these knives? Are you using them fairly regularly? I always just keep a small toolbox in the truck. I guess I've just... never needed to carry a knife. I mean I do have one of those "Old timer" brand pocket knives in the glove box, but that thing was in there when I bought the truck.
          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            Probably not a welcome question but, what do you guys do with these knives? Are you using them fairly regularly? I always just keep a small toolbox in the truck. I guess I've just... never needed to carry a knife. I mean I do have one of those "Old timer" brand pocket knives in the glove box, but that thing was in there when I bought the truck.
            I use mine pretty regularly at least once a day at work... and you never know when you might need to cut a mother fucker. I also collect older Case knifes.

Comment

I use my pocket knife at least once a day from cutting weedeater string to cleaning out from under my nails.. I feel naked if it's not in my pocket haha
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                I use mine pretty regularly at least once a day at work... and you never know when you might need to cut a mother fucker. I also collect older Case knifes.
                If you have any case knives you are looking for, let me know. I have about 25 left from when my grandpa was a dealer in the 70's/80's.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                  If you have any case knives you are looking for, let me know. I have about 25 left from when my grandpa was a dealer in the 70's/80's.
                  OEM boxes?

Comment

I don't necessarily use mine every day but I feel naked without one in my pocket. Plus it gives me a sense of security feeling it clipped in my pocket, especially in places I can't carry my gun.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                      <-- Interested in buying a couple, if you're willing to part with them!

Comment

Figured I'd revive this thread.

Hadn't owned any Emerson's in a few years and got a deal on these two Mini CQC7 and Mini Roadhouse for $150. Kinda missing having an Emerson and a knife with the Wave opener. What I do miss from other knife makers is having brass washers and a compression or axis lock. First order of business will be to get these drilled out for left hand carry. Why they don't have that option is beyond me.

Comment

I carry a Leatherman Wave, a Benchmade Bushcrafter, a Benchmade/HK Hadron and a Spyderco Harpy or Civilian everyday.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I'm a CRKT fan. Simple, inexpensive, and on the shelf to buy if I lose one

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

How bout the biggest baddest cheapest? Best bang for the buck. In case i lose the mofo. Happened a time or two on fishing trips
                              WH

Comment

I’m still carrying my titanium Damascus steel Spyderco. It does want have the utility my old plastic Spyderco did, but the cool factor ways in.

I carried the same Spyderco for more people than 20 years. They’re worth the money b
                                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                                86 SVO - Sold
                                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
                                X