Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting old and want a decent wrist watch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting old and want a decent wrist watch.

Looking at the hamilton khaki field auto.

All I have is some old timex from the 90s and my grandfathers pocket watches. 1898 American Waltham and a 1941 hamilton 917

Welcome to the rabbit hole
    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Check out the "who collects watches" thread.

I stay low baller on my watches. I just picked up a Citizen eco-drive and a Moto360 smart watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
        I just picked up a Citizen eco-drive
        Can't go wrong there.

Bump up the watch thread and post in there. It will keep a good resource going and you'll get good answers.

Comment

Bumped the other one for ya. I wear my Tag or Ironman, happy with both.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I stay low baller on my watches. I just picked up a Citizen eco-drive and a Moto360 smart watch.
            I have had a citizen eco drive for a few years and love it. It was onr of the lower end models thst was about $125 and I can't imagine myself spending much more than that on a watch. But it tells the time and date and doesn't use batteries and that is all I wanted out of a watch.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Another for an eco drive. My first one was a titanium eco that took a lot of abuse before some cock sucker stole it out of my tool box on my first day of work at international truck. Second one is a little bit dressier, but just as reliable.

Comment

Get a Hamilton

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                  I have had a citizen eco drive for a few years and love it. It was onr of the lower end models thst was about $125 and I can't imagine myself spending much more than that on a watch. But it tells the time and date and doesn't use batteries and that is all I wanted out of a watch.
                  Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                  Another for an eco drive. My first one was a titanium eco that took a lot of abuse before some cock sucker stole it out of my tool box on my first day of work at international truck. Second one is a little bit dressier, but just as reliable.
                  I've had a Citizen ECO Drive for 5 or 6 years, and still wear it daily. I have been very happy with it:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-BL5400-52A-Eco-Drive-Stainless-Bracelet/dp/B002NEFI44[/ame]

Comment

Hamilton is a premium watch, citizen I do not have the same opinion of

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                      Good for you..

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                        Hamilton=Lexus
                        Citizen=Toyota

?

Comment

I had been wanting to dip my toes into the watch collecting waters for a couple of years when I received an Apple Watch as a gift. I'll never look back. I can make it whatever I want to be any given day, and getting text messages and alerts without having to dig my phone out of my pocket is a game changer. Also love the health app, being able to see who's calling and decline it simply by covering it with my hand and control iPod functions on it.

It's not jewelry in the way that a Rolex is, but it's infinitely more functional. My business partner has a decent watch collection and he's given up on it in favor of his Apple Watch.

I'm surely not saying my way is better, but it's surely better for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                            I had been wanting to dip my toes into the watch collecting waters for a couple of years when I received an Apple Watch as a gift. I'll never look back. I can make it whatever I want to be any given day, and getting text messages and alerts without having to dig my phone out of my pocket is a game changer. Also love the health app, being able to see who's calling and decline it simply by covering it with my hand and control iPod functions on it.

It's not jewelry in the way that a Rolex is, but it's infinitely more functional. My business partner has a decent watch collection and he's given up on it in favor of his Apple Watch.

I'm surely not saying my way is better, but it's surely better for me.
                            The new Suunto Traverse is one I've been wanting. Looks super sleek but also has phone connectivity
                            Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                            It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                              The new Suunto Traverse is one I've been wanting. Looks super sleek but also has phone connectivity
                              Hadn't heard of that one, but it looks bad ass. I dig the copper one.

Comment

Working...
                              X