Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting old and want a decent wrist watch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
    Hamilton is a premium watch, citizen I do not have the same opinion of
    Who are these jonses you must keep up with?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      Who are these jonses you must keep up with?!?!
      They don't own their own CNC machines!
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        Hamilton=Lexus
        Citizen=Toyota

?
        Well, Toyota = Toyota and Lexus = Toyota, so...

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          Well, Toyota = Toyota and Lexus = Toyota, so...
          he should have said honda and acura, duh!
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            he should have said honda and acura, duh!
            Or Nissan and infiniti, two brands that are completely different.

Comment

what about ford to Lincoln, is that better?

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                They don't own their own CNC machines!
                Hahaha youre damn right!!! I can make my own watch mafkuh!

Comment

I went through a phase several years back where I bought a few higher end more costly watches. It all kind of started when I got a really good deal on an Omega Planet Ocean on an overseas trip, however I didn't keep it very long (less than a year), had an opportunity to sell it for a pretty nice profit, so I took the deal. Always thought I wanted a Rolex, so I bought an older Submariner next, and eventually picked up a Breitling Superocean too.

Funny thing it this - I received this exact watch as a gift a couple years ago, and have worn it pretty much all the time since - [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00960BQ7G?keywords=eco%20drive%20men&nodeID=63585 39011&qid=1453747233&ref_=sr_1_183&refinements=p_8 9%3ACitizen&s=apparel&sr=1-183[/ame]

It is comfortable enough to wear daily, and still nice looking to wear when I'm going out and dressing up a bit. The other thing I like about it is that it is completely maintenance free...I adjusted the band when I got it, and set the time that once, and have never touched it since. The radio function is awesome for keeping time, and especially through DST changes. And best of all....I'm not worried about someone smacking me over the head and grabbing it off my wrist like I was with the others above.

Others might disagree, but other than the name/stigma of those high dollar watches, I found that there isn't much difference IMO. I actually didn't like the Omega after I wore it a few times...it was an extremely heavy watch, and I like them a little bulky, but that thing was a brick. They also have a double anti-glare on them, and to me it almost looked cloudy in certain light. The Breitling was very heavy too, but otherwise a beautiful piece. The Rolex was no more than a name...nice looking, but it really wasn't worth what I had wrapped up in it after I got used to it. After owning all 3, if I was going to ever have another high dollar watch, I'd go for another Breitling, but I doubt that day will come....I'd rather have something else in the garage for the money. Matter of fact, I bought a pretty decent car with the money from the Rolex and Breitling after I sold them.
                  70' Chevelle RagTop
                  (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

hamilton x-wind
                    2012 GT500

Comment

citizen watches are sold on cruise ships, that should tell you all you want to know. Citizen does not protect retail pricing, so your watch will never hold its value. Hamilton does protect retail pricing.

Hamilton is a very nicely made automatic watch, very high value on you the price you pay.

All that being said, only watch I own is a Gshock rangeman I bought for when I go on vacations. I absolutely love that watch, I hardly wear it tho

Comment

look at that bad mammer jammer

Comment

citizen watches are sold on cruise ships, that should tell you all you want to know. Citizen does not protect retail pricing, so your watch will never hold its value. Hamilton does protect retail pricing.

Hamilton is a very nicely made automatic watch, very high value on you the price you pay.

All that being said, only watch I own is a Gshock rangeman I bought for when I go on vacations. I absolutely love that watch, I hardly wear it tho
                          So its not about build quality or performance...but "how expensive it is, and will remain to be"?

Comment

Who gives a shit? They make some nice watches that are reasonably priced and serve their purpose well. Do people really look at $300 watches as investments? Who gives a shit if it holds it's value?

The Eco Drives clearly function well, or you wouldn't see a number of people mentioning them. I will also say that I have gotten dozens of complements on my watch, mostly from complete strangers.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                              Who gives a shit? They make some nice watches that are reasonably priced and serve their purpose well. Do people really look at $300 watches as investments? Who gives a shit if it holds it's value?

The Eco Drives clearly function well, or you wouldn't see a number of people mentioning them. I will also say that I have gotten dozens of complements on my watch, mostly from complete strangers.
                              You must be rich, cause everything I buy I look at as an investment. I care about the value of the watch. Im saying for around 300 bucks, you get a lot of value out of a hamilton.

I dont know why youre getting so pissy, you must suck dudes off when you see a citizen on their wrist?

Comment

You must be rich, cause everything I buy I look at as an investment. I care about the value of the watch. Im saying for around 300 bucks, you get a lot of value out of a hamilton.

I dont know why youre getting so pissy, you must suck dudes off when you see a citizen on their wrist?
                                Lol not pissy im just giving you shit. Im not rich, which is why i dont overpay for jewelry. The 200 you save on the citizen will have a better ROI than that 300 watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X