Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting old and want a decent wrist watch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
    citizen watches are sold on cruise ships, that should tell you all you want to know. Citizen does not protect retail pricing, so your watch will never hold its value. Hamilton does protect retail pricing.
    Originally posted by dmh165638 View Post
    How long since you have been on a cruise? Just went in December and a friend on board bought a very nice Rado and he looked at a few Tags. They also carried Hamilton, Tissot, Longines, Omega, Movado, etc.
    That's a goddamned lie, Hamilton protects its pricing and wouldn't be caught dead on a cruise ship!
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Are Movado watches not as sought after anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        I would really like a Suunto with Altimeter, Barometer, Compass, etc, but can't justify the cost for camping only
        Are you set on brand new? Or have you looked around for used one? I bought a Suunto Core from a board member, nearly new-in-box, for half price.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          Are Movado watches not as sought after anymore?
          Not sure what you mean by "sought after," they have a few high-end jeweled pieces, but for the most part have always been a low to mid level watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            Are you set on brand new? Or have you looked around for used one? I bought a Suunto Core from a board member, nearly new-in-box, for half price.
            Not necessarily, you looking to sell?

Edit: Wait, that's not a good investment if it has already lost half of it's value.. NM!

Honestly, other than reading reviews and eyeballing them on Amazon, I have not made any move toward purchase.

I did get one of these though.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Suunto-Clipper-Compass-SS004102011-Hemisphere/dp/B00BTO184I/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1453825454&sr=8-5&keywords=suunto+compass[/ame]

Comment

I found a watch that my dad left in my tool box years ago, and was surprised to see that Seiko watches have a following and are actually worth money.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                I found a watch that my dad left in my tool box years ago, and was surprised to see that Seiko watches have a following and are actually worth money.
                Yeah, my first 2 dress watches were Seiko. They're nice too.

Comment

Next we'll hear a tale of how SVO wrapped his watch in rat hair and python skin, and shoved it up his ass, so he could keep it while in a Burmese prison. "The hard part about getting raped was keeping the watch deep enough"

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                    Next we'll hear a tale of how SVO wrapped his watch in rat hair and python skin, and shoved it up his ass, so he could keep it while in a Burmese prison. "The hard part about getting raped was keeping the watch deep enough"

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post

You should move to Oregon, I think they get like $0.05 a can!
                      that's way too far to ride on bike

Comment

Change Burma to Hanoi. Shit, I forgot all about that scene.

Comment

Originally posted by dmh165638 View Post
                          How long since you have been on a cruise? Just went in December and a friend on board bought a very nice Rado and he looked at a few Tags. They also carried Hamilton, Tissot, Longines, Omega, Movado, etc.
                          Well, what I meant was is citizen is one of the brands they sell at "50% off"

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            Change Burma to Hanoi. Shit, I forgot all about that scene.
                            Haha, that was the first thing I thought of too.

Comment

I have never been to Burma nor would I allow myself to be raped.
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I'm glad you guys made your own thread to fuck up about talking watches.

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                                I have never been to Burma nor would I allow myself to be raped.
                                One doesn't simply allow themselves to be raped, raped means your pussy/asshole was taken by force without consent.
                                Originally posted by Silverback
                                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X