Cold weather gloves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold weather gloves?

Any suggestions on cold weather gloves or mitts? Got a shooting class that I'm taking next weekend and it's at an outdoor range and as you guessed it, it's going to be cold.

Don't really have any warm gloves besides yard gloves, so I'm looking for suggestions. Don't think we'll be doing a lot of shooting so I'm not looking for shooting gloves either, just looking for something to keep my hands warm when I'm not shooting. Besides, I've never really shot with gloves on so no point in learning now. I could probably use some pocket hand warmer thingy's but have no idea where to buy them. Academy? Walmart?

Those hand warmers work really good and can be found at Walmart in the camping/sporting good section. They also make some for your shoes which night be a good idea this weekend.
    Originally posted by Marisa
    we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Army navy stores normally have some good surplus gloves for cheap. I have a few pairs for work and my range bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Home Depot has some for $10-20 that work well.

Comment

Milsurp or military style gloves are a good bet, maybe even snow ski/snowmobile gloves if you want to go wild. And don't pay the ripoff prices for hand/foot/butt warmers from the sporting goods places, go to walmart or walgreens and get the appropriate size thermacare product. They are the same thing, but a LOT cheaper.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

The few times I shot in cold weather, I'd wear my regular shooting gloves, and then when off the line, would stick my hands in my ski gloves.

I've read good things about these. Been wanting to a pair, just haven't pulled the trigger:
            5.11 Praetorian 2 Glove:
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

If you do gloves, get ones with the tips to do smartphones.

Other than that, they make hand warmers that are like fanny packs.
              WRX

Comment

I just wear mechanics gloves.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Having spent some time out in the cold the past couple of days doing some yard work, I'm convinced I'll be fine without having to spend extra money on a pair of winter gloves for now and just use my Mechanix gloves. Might buy some pocket hand warmers but that'll be it.

Thanks everybody for the input.

Comment

According to the latest forecasts the weather is looking much warmer for next weekend. It's going to be fine.

Comment

Ha! I was about to comment the same thing. Looks like the lows in the 40's and a high of 50.

Comment

As one of my firearm instructor is fond of saying, "no extra charge for the rain/cold/hot weather"...

Regardless if the weather requires gloves or not, bring a pair or two of your everyday gloves and try drawing and shooting with them on. It's amazing how much you learn about your gears when you are in your everyday clothing.

Comment

I'll definitely be bringing some light (Mechanix) gloves with me and I've practiced drawing with them and it's not bad at all. Toughest part has been getting past all the layers of clothing I've been wearing to stay warm. IWB draw is definitely not smooth right now.

Comment

I wear latex gloves along with golf gloves when I fish out in the cold.. latex seems to keep the heat in.
                            Last edited by Hell-Bent SS; 01-01-2018, 12:08 PM.

Comment

I have a pair of very thin but warm Under Armours and a pair of thicker Mechanics Wear gloves. I actually have several pairs of the mechanics gloves scattered in different range bags/cases/etc. No matter the temp, it is good to have a pair to keep the heat of the gas tube/barrel and suppressor at bay.
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                              X