DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

View Poll Results: Cold Brew Coffee
I do - I make my own 5 13.51%
I do - I buy it 8 21.62%
I do - but I would like to make my own 0 0%
I don't - it's expensive 0 0%
I don't - that's hipster bullshit 7 18.92%
I don't - I don't care for the effort 2 5.41%
I have no idea what any of that is 6 16.22%
Evil Jose pisses cold brew, and we all like it 9 24.32%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2018, 01:53 PM   #1
Strychnine
UNFUCKWITHABLE
 
Strychnine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 20,616
Default Coffee drinkers - Cold brew?

For those that drink coffee, how many of you drink cold brew?
If you don't is it because of the taste, the hipster pretentiousness, or just because you don't want to make it yourself... or because you don't even care about the difference?

Just kicking around an idea. Poll inbound.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:00 PM   #2
Craizie
Cracka
 
Craizie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 12,309
Default

I'll only drink coffee when its cold so I can chug it down. Coffee spells so good, but taste so bad.
Craizie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:11 PM   #3
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Still not luvin da police...
Posts: 32,404
Default

Man, I've been a Folgers breakfast blend drinker every morning for years. When I do go out and can't brew my own, I will hit up StarBIGbucks for a Veranda (blonde) and the Pancake House coffee is great too. That's as are far as go for custom brews.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:11 PM   #4
The King
Lifer
 
The King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 14,643
Default

I just don't like cold brew coffee, and didn't know about it being a hipster thing until now.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:13 PM   #5
BP
infidel
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 19,068
Default

I've made it with my Anova and an old Famous Dave's pickle jar. Not exactly cold brew but you get a similar end result only faster.

https://cafemoto.com/v12-cold-brew-available-to-go/ if you are ever in San Diego. They serve it out of a keg pushed by nitrogen and it's awesome.
BP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:16 PM   #6
BP
infidel
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 19,068
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King View Post
I just don't like cold brew coffee, and didn't know about it being a hipster thing until now.
It used to be but I think most of them are drinking Kombucha these days. That crap is horrible.
BP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:19 PM   #7
black50
Strawberry
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,533
Default

If you want a quick pick me up then hit up a dunkin dounts for one of their iced coffee concoctions

it's like meth in a cup
black50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:20 PM   #8
SS Junk
Lifer
 
SS Junk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 17,927
Default

If it's cold then it must be ice cold and a sweet mocha flavor. If hot, just a little bit of sweetener.
SS Junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:06 PM   #9
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Still not luvin da police...
Posts: 32,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post

https://cafemoto.com/v12-cold-brew-available-to-go/ if you are ever in San Diego. They serve it out of a keg pushed by nitrogen and it's awesome.
I have been hearing some good things about some Nitro Cold Brew from SBs, but I have yet to try it and its only available at the SBs in uptown and West Legacy SBs Reserve locations.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:19 PM   #10
Strychnine
UNFUCKWITHABLE
 
Strychnine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 20,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Modena View Post
I have been hearing some good things about some Nitro Cold Brew from SBs, but I have yet to try it and its only available at the SBs in uptown and West Legacy SBs Reserve locations.
The SB at Clearfork in FW has nitro also... not that most of you are ever over that way.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:47 PM   #11
Baron Von Crowder
asshole with an opinion
VIP Member
 
Baron Von Crowder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Venus
Posts: 23,587
Default

I saw it at Starbucks in Alvarado yesterday. Never tried it.
__________________
"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford
Baron Von Crowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:58 PM   #12
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Still not luvin da police...
Posts: 32,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post
The SB at Clearfork in FW has nitro also... not that most of you are ever over that way.
I might have to try out the nitro at the SB in West Legacy, see what all the hype is about. I'm not a morning person, at all, I need a couple of cups of java before I interact with people or get into a car.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:11 PM   #13
Baron Von Crowder
asshole with an opinion
VIP Member
 
Baron Von Crowder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Venus
Posts: 23,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Modena View Post
I might have to try out the nitro at the SB in West Legacy, see what all the hype is about. I'm not a morning person, at all, I need a couple of cups of java before I interact with people or get into a car.
I can only imagine it being akin to a Guinness without the alcohol.
__________________
"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford
Baron Von Crowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:41 PM   #14
94mstng94
Lexus Tech
 
94mstng94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Big Elm
Posts: 1,639
Default

I make my own cold brew with coarse ground beans from Kroger. Nothing expensive. After drinking cold brew, regular coffee tastes burnt.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
94mstng94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:15 PM   #15
Ruffdaddy
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11,195
Default

Love it...less acidic.

I need to start making my own.
Ruffdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:43 PM   #16
Strychnine
UNFUCKWITHABLE
 
Strychnine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 20,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
I can only imagine it being akin to a Guinness without the alcohol.
Best description of nitro cold brew ever
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:47 PM   #17
Strychnine
UNFUCKWITHABLE
 
Strychnine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 20,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by black50 View Post
If you want a quick pick me up then hit up a dunkin dounts for one of their iced coffee concoctions

it's like meth in a cup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craizie View Post
I'll only drink coffee when its cold so I can chug it down. Coffee spells so good, but taste so bad.

FYI, cold brew is a cold-steeped coffee, not something hot-brewed and then iced. Coarse grinds, cold water, room temp or refrigerator for 8+ hrs, then strained and served... it's much less bitter and 60-70% less acidity.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 12:35 AM   #18
helosailor
Blow me down
 
helosailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: USS Awesomesauce
Posts: 12,280
Default

Avatar check.

Hot, cheap, in a dirty cup. It'll put hair on your chest.

Anything else is for sissies, commies, and/or damn dirty hippies.
__________________
"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."
helosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 06:00 AM   #19
Mysticcobrakilla
Paterpillar
 
Mysticcobrakilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 5,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helosailor View Post
Avatar check.

Hot, cheap, in a dirty cup. It'll put hair on your chest.

Anything else is for sissies, commies, and/or damn dirty hippies.
Pretty much my thoughts as well.
Mysticcobrakilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:00 AM   #20
Torinoman
when I get around to it
 
Torinoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Richardson
Posts: 2,238
Default

I hate coffee and hot beverages in general
__________________
1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2
Torinoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:45 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.