DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Technology Rules

Technology Rules iPhone suxx, Q/A for all computer, networking, phone, and gaming issues

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2017, 04:54 PM   #21
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craizie View Post
Is the sound coming from the mother board or through your speakers?
I don't remember. It only happened once on NYE. I THINK it was from the MOBO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
__________________
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Russel...ref=ts&fref=ts
Message me for all of your Holiday sweet needs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:07 PM   #22
Craizie
Cracka
VIP Member
 
Craizie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 10,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by black2002ls View Post
I don't remember. It only happened once on NYE. I THINK it was from the MOBO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Sounds like a hardware failure.
Craizie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 07:25 AM   #23
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,308
Default

I decided to just go ahead and re-format and install windows. Tried to load up win10 with no luck, I thought maybe my disk was bad so I went back with win7 ultimate. The installation returned a hardware issue. I've tried pulling the new RAM out and running just the old ram, no luck. I went the other way running the new RAM and leaving the old out, no luck. Swapped the HDD out for my spare SSD, no luck. At this point, I'm about to chalk it up to a loss. I paid $50 for this thing and I guess I got my money's worth out of it.
__________________
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Russel...ref=ts&fref=ts
Message me for all of your Holiday sweet needs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:02 AM   #24
Craizie
Cracka
VIP Member
 
Craizie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 10,810
Default

I figured. If you know what MOBO you have you can look up the manual and it should tell you what's wrong. It will either have lights blinking in a pattern, sound beeping in a pattern, or an LED that's displaying a numerical code... but if it was $50 I'd just get a new PC and save myself the trouble.
Craizie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:22 AM   #25
scootro
Lifer
 
scootro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: none of your fuckin business
Posts: 13,343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by black2002ls View Post
I decided to just go ahead and re-format and install windows. Tried to load up win10 with no luck, I thought maybe my disk was bad so I went back with win7 ultimate. The installation returned a hardware issue. I've tried pulling the new RAM out and running just the old ram, no luck. I went the other way running the new RAM and leaving the old out, no luck. Swapped the HDD out for my spare SSD, no luck. At this point, I'm about to chalk it up to a loss. I paid $50 for this thing and I guess I got my money's worth out of it.
wasn't this a Antivirus recommendations thread?
scootro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:47 AM   #26
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootro View Post
wasn't this a Antivirus recommendations thread?
It was. I figured since the original concern was a virus and those involved in the thread seemed to be in the know, I would post here instead of a whole new thread

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
__________________
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Russel...ref=ts&fref=ts
Message me for all of your Holiday sweet needs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 03:13 PM   #27
scootro
Lifer
 
scootro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: none of your fuckin business
Posts: 13,343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by black2002ls View Post
It was. I figured since the original concern was a virus and those involved in the thread seemed to be in the know, I would post here instead of a whole new thread

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
haha just messing with ya!
scootro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:15 PM   #28
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craizie View Post
Sounds like a hardware failure.
Bad memory module. Looks like one of the 4GB dimms I picked up a few months back went bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
__________________
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Russel...ref=ts&fref=ts
Message me for all of your Holiday sweet needs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 11:21 PM   #29
stephen4785
Lifer
 
stephen4785's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Benbrook
Posts: 9,091
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck View Post
PC MATIC from PC Pitstop is all I use anymore.
For some reason I thought that pcmatic was a bogus deal. Im about to download it but I just want to make sure it isnt a joke that im not keen to?
__________________
Mobile heavy equipment/diesel/fleet repair
stephen4785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 02:27 AM   #30
Tx Redneck
Wannabe puter fixor
VIP Member
 
Tx Redneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Posts: 13,789
Send a message via Skype™ to Tx Redneck
Default

100% legit, US made and supported.
Tx Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 06:21 PM   #31
stephen4785
Lifer
 
stephen4785's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Benbrook
Posts: 9,091
Default

Cool, thanks redneck
__________________
Mobile heavy equipment/diesel/fleet repair
stephen4785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:02 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.