No announcement yet.

Which member wrecked their Mustang? Off duty policeman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean, the article says the police suspected him of street racing, or did I misread that?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      I mean, the article says the police suspected him of street racing, or did I misread that?
      You don't think that is bullshit too?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
        If that's the case, I'd assume that's a bad habit he picked up from his day job. Known a lot of cops over the years that couldn't stand seat belts because of all their gear and getting in and out constantly.
        Personal vehicle I wear mine religiously. State law says people that have to make multiple stops and in and out of the vehicle all of the time for their job are not required to wear a seat belt. Most agencies policies state you will wear them and do not dis engage the annoying warning buzzers. We generally train to pop them off when getting close to a call or before stopping completely on a traffic stop. Also if we are poking around the neighbor hood not required in case you have to pop out.

I have seen many cars crumpled up horribly only to have people standing around like nothing happened because of belts. Plus, no seat belt and 12 airbags can be risky also.

From the ring footage it just looked like to me he was trailing that other car cruising in traffic. Who knows, they could have been screwing around. Those new Mustangs are no joke and can get you in trouble fast. Hell the base model 135i BMW's are stupid fast also. Ultimately though even your moms SUV can get up and move these days and kill you.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I worked in the collision industry for 20 years. Airbags are designed to work WITH seats belts. In a collision with the driver not belted in, after the airbag deploys- the driver hits the airbag and rolls up, with the head impacting the windshield right at the top, where it butts against the roof. Whenever I saw a windshield shattered right at the windshield/roof intersection - there was usually hair & scalp imbedded in the broken glass. If he had been belted in, he likely would have walked away with bruises, maybe a broken arm.
          Last edited by white trash wagon; 12-29-2019, 06:47 PM.

Comment

They better tar and feather that motherfawker in the Suzuki. Only guilty people drive white cars!

Comment

Originally posted by Boujee McFuckNuttz View Post
              They better tar and feather that motherfawker in the Suzuki. Only guilty people drive white cars!
              FUCK YOU MAN!

I drive a white car because Texas summers suck!

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                Personal vehicle I wear mine religiously. State law says people that have to make multiple stops and in and out of the vehicle all of the time for their job are not required to wear a seat belt. Most agencies policies state you will wear them and do not dis engage the annoying warning buzzers. We generally train to pop them off when getting close to a call or before stopping completely on a traffic stop. Also if we are poking around the neighbor hood not required in case you have to pop out.

I have seen many cars crumpled up horribly only to have people standing around like nothing happened because of belts. Plus, no seat belt and 12 airbags can be risky also.

From the ring footage it just looked like to me he was trailing that other car cruising in traffic. Who knows, they could have been screwing around. Those new Mustangs are no joke and can get you in trouble fast. Hell the base model 135i BMW's are stupid fast also. Ultimately though even your moms SUV can get up and move these days and kill you.
                This was back in the early 2000's when I knew a lot of cops. So I' sure a lot has changed. I personally am the type of person that reflexively belts in even if I am moving the car from one side of the driveway to the other.
                It always sucks when someone looses their life, this one sucks more for the family because the whole cop street racing narrative was all over the news and forums. I hope that his family and loved ones stay out of the comments online. they really don't need to see what people are saying.

Comment

White is right!

I own four vehicles. Three of them are white. One of them is blue - it's a big Transit van and white was not an option because I didn't want to look like a plumber driving around town.

Comment

With varying degrees of how horrifying it was when they locked eyes with it.
                    WH

Comment

Working...
                    X