Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn good movie. Saw it tonight.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I honestly didn't think it was that great. Something about it just didn't connect, although it was pretty well done. The cinematography was brilliant. I was very impressed with some of the post apocalyptic set pieces, which is impressive itself seeing as how overdone the genre has become in recent years. Couldn't put my finger on it, but the plot just didn't wow me like the the visuals did.

Comment

I liked it.

Jack Reacher surprised me, I really enjoyed it. I never read the book(s).

Comment

I enjoyed it, despite a few plot holes. Watched in on Blu-ray. Reference soundtrack and pristine PQ. Tremendous LFE in quite a few scenes. Gave my Emotiva subs quite a workout. Anybody with a decent home theater will enjoy this movie just for the sonic & visual eye candy alone.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            I honestly didn't think it was that great. Something about it just didn't connect, although it was pretty well done. The cinematography was brilliant. I was very impressed with some of the post apocalyptic set pieces, which is impressive itself seeing as how overdone the genre has become in recent years. Couldn't put my finger on it, but the plot just didn't wow me like the the visuals did.
            I have to agree, the visuals were fucking great and believable. I saw it at the theater and bought it on BluRay, my home theater system was booming. I haven't enjoyed a visual movie like this since Avatar...
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Almost rented this yesterday but was on the fence about it and decided not to. Guess I may have to give it a shot tonight and give the ol surround sound a good workout...
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                I have to agree, the visuals were fucking great and believable. I saw it at the theater and bought it on BluRay, my home theater system was booming. I haven't enjoyed a visual movie like this since Avatar...

The other thing that annoyed me: What was with the overblown symphonic soundtrack? It sounded like a cheesy serious 70's/early 80's sci-fi flick at several points. I half expected some serious deep voiced narration to bust out at any second.

Comment

In DTS mode, my LFE was blowing pictures off the wall, haha!

Comment

Oblivion -- Mastodon

How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Oblivion -- Grimes

Originally posted by talisman
                      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                      Originally posted by AdamLX
                      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      Because fuck you, that's why
                      Originally posted by 80coupe
                      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                      Originally posted by Rick Modena
                      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                      Originally posted by Jester
                      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                        Oblivion -- Grimes

I love that song. Unfortunately, it's about the only one of her's that I do enjoy.
                        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

redboxed it last night, pretty good flick, well worth a buck and 2 hours of my life.
                          satisfaction is the death of desire...

its still "We the people"...right?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                            I love that song. Unfortunately, it's about the only one of her's that I do enjoy.
                            I dig most of her music. I know she's working on a new album and she stated she wasn't going to rush on creating her tracks like she did on her other two.

Crystal Ball is my favorite but only the live version on a rooftop in Mexico. The original is pretty good but the live one is way better. Same thing goes for Be a Body live studio version she did on a Seattle radio station. Actually all the ones she performed on that radio station are better than the originals. It's on YouTube.
                            Originally posted by talisman
                            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                            Originally posted by AdamLX
                            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            Because fuck you, that's why
                            Originally posted by 80coupe
                            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                            Originally posted by Rick Modena
                            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Rented it Thursday. It was good, I enjoyed it quite a bit. It did give my surround sound a good workout...
                              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I enjoyed it as well. Didn't quite expect the "twist" in it.
                                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                                X