This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage Forum rules - Please read

Please keep in mind, this is for the general hobbyist, garage gearhead, hotrodder and sparetime wrencher/mechanic - NOT businesses.

If your intent appears to be advertising, or soliciting work don't take it the wrong way if it gets locked - take your conversations regarding pricing to PM's. We all KNOW what advertising is, and how it keeps the site afloat.

Business names as user names are not allowed, if your user name is your business name and you are not a paid advertiser, please change it.

PLEASE abide by those simple guidelines so we can continue to enjoy bieng greasy, dirty, nasty hands having gearheads WITH a garage forum.

Contact Mach1 for advertising info.

Thanks,

Brooks
    Last edited by Mach1; 12-02-2010, 09:47 AM.

Woot!

Comment

Please Hammer, dont hurt 'em

Comment

I am of the opinion that the Garage is the one place that SHOULD be moderated strictly to keep the bullshit to a minimum.

I often see threads with a very valid subject that gets filled up with bullshit and mockery. That type of shit is almost expected in the back porch or photo/vid forums, but when someone needs assistance with a car related issue, that is about the only thing that should be replied in that thread. It seems that all too often board members will shy away from posting up questions or even useful information due to the few idiots dead set on clogging up the thread with bullshit.

Back in Canada, the Garage was a very useful tool to utilize in searches if you had a question or were in a bind. Obviously we don't have the ability to archive those threads, and with the vast knowledge that we have in our fellow members, the more of that info we can post should be important to all of us to be able to post up, and for those of us that need to get some of that info to be able to search and find in the future.

Posting up incorrect info unintentionally is one thing, but name calling and other tomfoolery is something that shouldn't be tolerated in the slightest in the Garage.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

tom fooled you didn't he

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
            I am of the opinion that the Garage is the one place that SHOULD be moderated strictly to keep the bullshit to a minimum.

I often see threads with a very valid subject that gets filled up with bullshit and mockery. That type of shit is almost expected in the back porch or photo/vid forums, but when someone needs assistance with a car related issue, that is about the only thing that should be replied in that thread. It seems that all too often board members will shy away from posting up questions or even useful information due to the few idiots dead set on clogging up the thread with bullshit.

Back in Canada, the Garage was a very useful tool to utilize in searches if you had a question or were in a bind. Obviously we don't have the ability to archive those threads, and with the vast knowledge that we have in our fellow members, the more of that info we can post should be important to all of us to be able to post up, and for those of us that need to get some of that info to be able to search and find in the future.

Posting up incorrect info unintentionally is one thing, but name calling and other tomfoolery is something that shouldn't be tolerated in the slightest in the Garage.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              Word.. I will try to help out in here in Brooks' absence.

Comment

Working...
              X