No announcement yet.

Ford takes a knee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a solid post that I copied and pasted from the comments in that article.
    "WRONG…..WHAT MAKES AMERICA GREAT IS UNITY. OUR SOILDERS GAVES THEIR LIVES FOR FREEDOM SPEECH. BIBLE SAYS A HOUSE DIVIDED CANNOT STAND. IS THAT HOW YOU WANT TO BE REMEMBERED. REBELLIOUS!!! God gives us FREEDOM TO CHOOSE… TRUE. BUT THE CONSEQUNCES ARE NOT THE SAME. STAND IN UNITY!!!
    And before one of you clowns attack me, I stand for the FLAG and all that it represents. I also honor the pledge of allegiance to the flag and do not dis-honor it by making a political statement by standing against it. I have a big problem with people who do, but I will respect their right to do so, that's my right.
    IMO if people want to make a statement they should do something about it, Colin Kaperdick was adopted and raised by a white family, hence the name Kaepernick, from what I gather also is that his biological mother is white and now all of a sudden he wants to take up for people of color?! I guess so and I get why he is protesting, but he needs to find a different avenue to achieve his goal and not standing for our national anthem and the shit storm it has started is bullshit.
    And I also don't believe he is being black balled, he just sucks now that his QB skills have deteriorated.

I will continue to buy FORD vehicles as I don't buy them for Fords political stance.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I won't buy Ford vehicles myself at this time because I find their current quality/reliability to be lacking. The NFL has largely lost my interest due to increasingly inept and often overbearing officiating. The political stances of both are no concern of mine.

Comment

As far as Ford’s politics, seems like pretty middle of the road PR speak to me. Supporting free speech is all fine and good, even if it stops short of the condemnation many people are looking for. I personally do not look to professional athletes for political opinion, so the whole kneeling thing is lost on me.

On another note, where did you even find that shitty website, BD? Between the crap layout of a bad website template, terrible writing and intrusive ads, I don’t know how you fought through it enough to actually find this piss poor article.

That statement from Ford had been covered better from much better websites two weeks before this one published.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
          I won't buy Ford vehicles myself at this time because I find their current quality/reliability to be lacking.
          Well, that's like your opinion, man. I have no issues, though I know people and heard of some that do have problems, I do not. Maybe its the type of vehicles that I buy or maybe I take care of them better than most.
          It's like people that complain about Fords FWD vehicles (or any FWD vehicle FTM), I have had two and both have lasted me and I have had no problems with either. Then again if you are rubbing curbs, hauling ass over speed bumps, spinning tires on ANY FWD vehicle you are going to have tranny and FWD axle problems.
          I also buy my cars from Ford new and take care of them, maybe that's why I and others that do, don't have any issues.
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            Well, that's like your opinion, man. I have no issues, though I know people and heard of some that do have problems, I do not. Maybe its the type of vehicles that I buy or maybe I take care of them better than most.
            It's like people that complain about Fords FWD vehicles (or any FWD vehicle FTM), I have had two and both have lasted me and I have had no problems with either. Then again if you are rubbing curbs, hauling ass over speed bumps, spinning tires on ANY FWD vehicle you are going to have tranny and FWD axle problems.
            I also buy my cars from Ford new and take care of them, maybe that's why I and others that do, don't have any issues.
            Not disagreeing with you at all, and like you I buy all of my vehicles new and self-maintain them as much as possible. Maybe that's why I still own a pair of sn-95's still in running condition and used regularly. I always had Fords throughout my life (except for one Pontiac back in the '70s) but have since crossed over to the Honda lineup. Actually I may be done altogether with having to buy new vehicles, time will tell.

Favorite car brands are like brands of cigarettes and beer, most everyone has their loyalties.

Comment

Not disagreeing with you at all, and like you I buy all of my vehicles new and self-maintain them as much as possible. Maybe that's why I still own a pair of sn-95's still in running condition and used regularly. I always had Fords throughout my life (except for one Pontiac back in the '70s) but have since crossed over to the Honda lineup. Actually I may be done altogether with having to buy new vehicles, time will tell.

Favorite car brands are like brands of cigarettes and beer, most everyone has their loyalties.
              I hear ya and thats true about loyalty. I was a Chevy (GM) guy until I needed GM and they turned me down because of my first divorce. I went to Westway Ford in Irving after I went by and saw a carnival going on in the parking lot. Well not really a carnival, but Joe Greed was there giving away GreedOla Cola, hot dogs, popcorn and balloons to the kiddos, I explained my situation, just like I had at multiple GM dealerships and unlike those cock suckers, they took my $3k cash and put me into a 1 year old F-150 truck. I've given them my loyalty from that moment on and aside from a couple of tranny problems with my Navigator and Lightning, both my fault. The tranny in the Nav for towing my Cobra and hauling ass without my the lockout on and drag racing the Lightning. Other than those two issues (both covered by warranty) and a host of minor things, I've no major problems with the over 15 vehicles I have bought new from Ford.
              So I will continue to give Ford my hard earned money until their cars start leaving me stranded on the side of the road...

Comment

I had forgotten about Joe Greed, until now...Westway should re-introduce him. The last Honda we bought was from David McDavid in Irving, and they were again using that Great Dane mascot (Widetrack) they had back in the day. The namesake Widetrack seems to be opposite of what a Honda is though, lol.

My sn-95's came from King Charlie Hillard in west FTW and Texan Ford in Arlington, both of which have since (maybe unfortunately) been swallowed up by the AutoNation monster.

Comment

When a company chooses to make a political statement, they do so at their own risk. As with anything else, if I disagree with that statement, I reserve the right to not do business with them, or watch them perform, etc.
                  That being said, I wholeheartedly support the right of people or businesses to express their first amendment right. I devoted a number of years of my life to that very thing. BUUUT, they had better damned sure understand that with that right comes responsibility and accountability. Whether it's catching hands or watching their business tank, they have to understand that they are responsible for their actions.
                  "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I'm still boycotting arizona tea. Tell your friends!
                    Last edited by blandnuts; 10-25-2017, 10:11 AM. Reason: Fuck me, that should all be caps.

Comment

Good luck Ford

Comment

There stock price was already crap, this won't help.

Comment

Once again, this news is a month old.

Ford on Monday came out in support of NFL players protesting the national anthem, saying it "respect[s] individuals' rights to express their views."

Comment

Thats true, but its also true that the brands all have their strengths and weaknesses. If you want a front wheel drive car that will go 350k-400k miles mostly without issue, its honda/toyota. Obviously there will be exceptions as we don't live in an ideal world but these exceptions will be fewer. If you want a truck that can tow your house, you don't buy honda toyota you buy Ford/Dodge.

You can cut through all the opinions just by looking at the JD power reports. If they're still independent and not being paid off these days. I don't know one way or the other about that. But regardless there is still a way to look at the actual reliability reports of things that the manufacturer was willing to warranty. A way to get down to hard facts and make your buying decision based on that.

As for ford... some fools never learn lol. He's already told them that he can make their life very difficult. Given how we've seen him act so far, a bitch slapping is probably coming. If he just says "I'm not buying another ford"... there goes their sales for next year. He has a rather rabid "fan base". And that is just the beginning of shit he could do to them. Fucking dumbasses...
                            WH

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              solid reference-mark it 8

Comment

Working...
                              X